GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Build Thread (bags, bbs, BT, ect...)

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
You and I will probably get done around the same time, you are only a stone's throw away. We should get together and maybe do a 'Humble Mechanic' or 'DAP' video.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
That'd be pretty cool. I'm hoping to have my car done to have in our booth at European Experience.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Indeed. Come see it in our booth at EuroEx.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
WHAT?? I thought it was never going to happen.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
So this past weekend got some more work done on this thing.

We made a coolant reservoir, it has a -6 hose for the bleed, a -12 for the feed, two -4's for the sight glass, and a mishimoto 19psi radiator cap. It was made from a mishimoto coolant overflow.

It's going to be installed on the strut tower near the fuse box.

All of the oil lines (except the ones on the turbo) are in black braided AN hose, and I have this black with blue trace for all the coolant lines (again except for those to the turbo).

Also changed the coolant pipes to the thermostat to have AN fittings.

What the lower pipe looks like on the thermostat housing.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Friend of mine made me a vacuum pump delete.

It's not pressed all the way in, but will sit flush when fully installed.

projectDIY

We made a coolant reservoir, it has a -6 hose for the bleed, a -12 for the feed, two -4's for the sight glass, and a mishimoto 19psi radiator cap. It was made from a mishimoto coolant overflow.

Loving both yours and Erics builds. Paving the way for probably the most custom modified tfsi setups ive seen.

I bought some of Erics old rad hardpipe setup and I'm looking at running a coolant overflow similar to yours. I can't quite figure out were to run the bleed line from and the feed line to? I'm assuming one goes from a port on the upper rad hose?

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
The bleed line goes form the highest part of that upper pipe, and the feed goes down in to the thermostat housing. I cut the pipes to the thermostat housing and welded on an AN fitting to run a -12 AN hose from the tank to the thermostat housing.

Torqued and marked everything to do with the subframe except the control arm bolts up front (wrong bolts are in there currently). I'm also holding off on installing the aluminum control arms and spindles until everything else is done.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Random question, what bushing are you using in your BSH pendulum mount?