GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Build Thread (bags, bbs, BT, ect...)

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Holy shut balls. Look at the scrapedge. Thought I had a few marks but it's nothing on that.

The scrapes aren't too bad, I'm replacing it though since it's cracked and there are a couple places where there are chunks missing. This thing was such a PITA to get off, all of the bolts were bent and two of them were broken. :mad:

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Replacement subframe ordered, $164 shipped.

Giusep4

Sawwuce Bawse
I got mine on eBay for $43.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I got mine on eBay for $43.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

This comes with the parts that attach to the frame, and a couple other things, the part itself wasn't much, shipping is a bitch though. :frown:

Giusep4

Sawwuce Bawse
This comes with the parts that attach to the frame, and a couple other things, the part itself wasn't much, shipping is a bitch though. :frown:

ah, mine was the just the lower section.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
ah, mine was the just the lower section.

Yeah the upper section on mine got the threads messed up, all of the bolts were bent, so taking them out wasn't fun at all. :mad:

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
So I did a little bit more work on the Red car today.

Installed the new subframe mount.

Untitled by Max Wobbles, on Flickr

Took off the upper part of the subframe.

I was only going to change out the one side that was messed up, but I'm glad I took off the other (passenger) side, wasn't too happy with what I found.

Kind of hard to tell in the pictures, but it appears to be a semi-shoddy repair from when I had my wreck in this car years ago. It looks to me like the part was damaged, and they drilled it out and helicoiled it. In the first picture above you can see the threads are pulled out and messed up, then in the second picture you can see the threaded insert.

You can tell the bolts are hugely different.

So... good stuff. :mad:

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Also debating on getting the WALK kit, or going with the SuperPro kit that comes with the aluminum control arms.... probably go with the WALK kit though since I can pick one up locally tomorrow.

Oh, also when taking off the ball joints the studs broke (don't think they've been removed ever), probably about time for them to be replaced anyways.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I'm having the same debate with myself between the SuperPro or WALK, I want to do the subframe deadset kit though and I don't think you can run the Supers in conjunction with the Collars. The new WALK kit is designed to work with it. I may be wrong, very tired.

Good point, I'm planning on running the deadset kit too, looks like WALK it is.

Superpro control arms are just polished passat control arms anyways IIRC.

kruegernaut

I'm from Detroit, Man...
I'm having the same debate with myself between the SuperPro or WALK, I want to do the subframe deadset kit though and I don't think you can run the Supers in conjunction with the Collars. The new WALK kit is designed to work with it. I may be wrong, very tired.

Im running the SuperPro LCA bushings with Tyrol Deadset collars. No issues there. One of the things I liked about the SuperPro brackets is they are the same shape as stock.