GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My 06 gti

Cody_9272616

Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen Gti
So I can’t attach the video but there’s a weird tapping noise I hear when the cars off and when the keys turned it kinda sounds like a tiny air compressor, it doesn’t stop that I know of till I’m out of the car just wondering what it could be, if anybody knows let me know! Thanks

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
So I can’t attach the video but there’s a weird tapping noise I hear when the cars off and when the keys turned it kinda sounds like a tiny air compressor, it doesn’t stop that I know of till I’m out of the car just wondering what it could be, if anybody knows let me know! Thanks
Host video elsewhere and post the link to it here.

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
It always helps to provide some details about your car... are you original owner, when did you buy, how many miles, what maintenance have you done (follower, timing belt, pcv, hpfp, etc). Also, since you don't have a video, try to better describe the "tapping" noise... is it metallic sounding, how long does it continue... and also, why is it even a concern? When you turn the ignition on, but do not start the car, it does activate a number of different parts/modules/servos in the car, so there is noise, but I've never experienced a tapping sound.... so, more info on maintenance might certainly help. You can put the video up on YouTube, as well, and then provide a link.