GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Music Tastes. Share yours!

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Who else has dabbled in binaural beats?

Never heard of it that I recall, looked it up, some sort of meditation/focusing background music? Yeah, lay some examples of good stuff, I'm open to trying something to calm my inner rage. :cool:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Never heard of it that I recall, looked it up, some sort of meditation/focusing background music? Yeah, lay some examples of good stuff, I'm open to trying something to calm my inner rage. :cool:

If you want to have some calm music...no need for new fangled stuff just go back to the old choral music from the 16th Century!!

One of the more well known songs is the long complex choral piece for a 40 person choir called "Spem in Alium" by the English composer Thomas Tallis. I have a copy of it by Naim Records. Yes Naim amps/speakers have their own record label & make VERY good recordings! On their recording they had the 40 person choir standing in a circle around a single specially built mic!

Here is a recent recording made in the Turbine Hall at Tate Modern in London...

Last edited:

manapuaman

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI DSG
Description:
I can't find a video of all different waves separate.
Mainstream stuff with binaural beats imbedded:
Which leads to electronic drugs:

Thumper To relax check out ASMR sorry not really music and I can't find any good ones right now:

For you Strange Mud and golfdave:
Which led to the popular Enya:

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Again on the theme of calm music...another favourite

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I am shocked and amazed that someone here knew who sorrow is. Wow.

Sorrow/asa/culprate are some of my favs

Brooooooooooooooooooooooo Inspected is top shelf.

In college, I was a music promoter and I got Asa to come thru for a show that I lost $1K on, bc 5 people came, and it was a 75-person cap. It was some of the best $1000 I’ve ever spent. He also played Aqueous Transmission by Incubus and Stone in Focus by Aphex Twin, two individually formative songs in my middle and high school years.

Koan sound is also just generally one of the greatest electronic music groups of all time

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude