GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Multiple problems

SeanGTI12

Car(s)
2012 Volkswagen GTI
So I have quite a few problems with my 2012 GTI. First the engine light is on with codes (P0420) (P0341). Also after I recently got a new battery, when I’m accelerating from a stop, my EPC will either completely lose throttle and will lose throttle for a brief second. Also when I am driving, sometimes the MFI will display (No oil pressure, turn car off) it will flash a couple times and then just disappear. I don’t know what the hell is going on with this car. Someone please help

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I wouldn't concern myself with the P0420 catalyst code just yet. It is likely a resultant code from the timing being off. With timing off, combustion is not going to be efficient. So wait and address the timing, clear the codes, and see if the P0420 returns later. If it returns, there are leaks causing too rich or lean, or the B1S1 O2 sensor is failed. But again, this can sorted later.

The P0341 code is going to have a number of possibilities. It could be; timing chain jumped, hydraulic tensioner for the timing chain has a screen that is known to come apart, the cam position sensor is failed, and a few more I believe. Yours is the TSI and most on here are FSI folks. Have you not had luck finding help on the MK6 forum?

SeanGTI12

Car(s)
2012 Volkswagen GTI
I wouldn't concern myself with the P0420 catalyst code just yet. It is likely a resultant code from the timing being off. With timing off, combustion is not going to be efficient. So wait and address the timing, clear the codes, and see if the P0420 returns later. If it returns, there are leaks causing too rich or lean, or the B1S1 O2 sensor is failed. But again, this can sorted later.

The P0341 code is going to have a number of possibilities. It could be; timing chain jumped, hydraulic tensioner for the timing chain has a screen that is known to come apart, the cam position sensor is failed, and a few more I believe. Yours is the TSI and most on here are FSI folks. Have you not had luck finding help on the MK6 forum?
No not really, but what about the EPC flashing with a grinding noise and then the car losing throttle then stalling?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
It's probably due to the timing chain has jumped or the tensioner is failed, allowing slack in the chain...or both has happened. It needs to be addressed quickly without driving it if possible. If the tensioner is damaged and timing chain has jumped...it could be damaging the valves. If valve timing is off...the valves are hitting the pistons at top dead center. You should take it in and have the timing, and the timing components, inspected unless you are capable.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI