GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Multiple issues could they be related?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
That's like when the throttle valve is closed when cold starting. Only it just happens whenever (or when it shouldn't) in your case. That is from something instantly restricting the inlet flow. Only the throttle valve or runner flaps can do that. Or, possibly, the intake valves are not sealing when it reaches a specific temp at idle. I highly doubt it is from some leak. I will think on it more.

Stealthparade

Car(s)
MKV GTI
That's like when the throttle valve is closed when cold starting. Only it just happens whenever (or when it shouldn't) in your case. That is from something instantly restricting the inlet flow. Only the throttle valve or runner flaps can do that. Or, possibly, the intake valves are not sealing when it reaches a specific temp at idle. I highly doubt it is from some leak. I will think on it more.
That makes some sense, would it be worth running a log with the throttle position sensor at idle at full temp? Wouldn't that rule out throttle body issues and lead further down the chain(intake runners, valves etc)? also wouldn't I have lower compression if it was valve train related?

Stealthparade

Car(s)
MKV GTI
Here are two quick logs I took cold and operating temp groups 060 091 093

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Not sure why, but it doesn't open. Goes to wanting me to "select a file to write into"

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Got it...I just needed to put it on the desktop and drag it to excel.
I don't see anything wrong with the timing data.
Not sure about the throttle angle at idle at near 12% is appropriate. I don't have any logs for that myself...but you may want to do a run at full throttle to see if it is opening to near 100%.

Last edited:

Stealthparade

Car(s)
MKV GTI
Not sure about the throttle angle at idle at near 12% is appropriate. I don't have any logs for that myself...but you may want to do a run at full throttle to see if it is opening to near 100%.
Hey didn't see your reply till today. I will run that log tonight on my ride home. I Forgot I had this problem until it occurred again today. So I was cruising down the highway doing about 70mph and I was getting on to a connector and trying to slow down. I was off throttle and the car was not slowing down.... it started accelerating. I hit the breaks and it finally started slowing down. I looked over at my boost gauge and you could see it from going off throttle vacuum around -20ish to -8ish. In addition I had the pleasure of feeling the bucking/ surging violently again around 3800rpm- 4000 and got a looked at my boost gauge again going from -20 to -10ish and fluctuating back and forth between the two. Also full throttle feels significantly slower then full throttle. I believe its some sort of throttle valve or runner flap issue I don't think its injector or fuel related I think it must be some sort of valve I cant see it being a sensor because I feel like it would throw a code. I'm not sure if any of this is helping diagnose the underlying issue but I figured I would throw it out there.

Stealthparade

Car(s)
MKV GTI
So I just got back from running a log somehow my fourth gear WOT pull did not save, just my luck. I was able to recreate the bucking over 4k rpms on the highway. In the log you should see me holding of the throttle then lightly getting off the gas then immediately the bucking/surging occurs. I got it to do it maybe 3 or so times it feels absolutely awful on the drivetrain LOL. Hopefully tomorrow ill have some spare time to do another highway pull for some more data on the throttle valve angle. I also headed over to the stealership picked up an n80 valve and the hose that goes from the oil filter adapter to the pcv valve. I don't think the hose is bad but figured at 125k being an original plastic pipe its gonna fail sometime soon. None of these symptoms match a bad rear pcv valve line does it? Haven't replaced that yet so that'll probably be on the list at some point.

Attachments

• bucking log.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 72

Stealthparade

Car(s)
MKV GTI
Finally some codes!
Granted they still do not indicate what the real issue is here.
I bought a new set of plugs and will gap them just to be safe but it doesn't quite make sense that plugs and coils would be doing what my car is...

Attachments

• Log-WVWGV71K68W290472.txt
    10.4 KB · Views: 121