GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Movie Review : Drive

Lucidity

Marx
I'm not sure how many of you have seen previews for this movie, but if you haven't you should. It's a combination of a something similar to a history of violence with a few great car chase/driving sequences. The plot was solid, there were almost no instances where the suspension of disbelief was required. The very few special effects that were done, were executed with extreme realism and attention to detail. No cgi everywhere in this film, which to me just makes it that much better. The direction is key, the way each shot is setup is done extremely well and artistically, and for the chase scenes the camera doesn't remain static, but it's not frantic either, like you see in a lot of movies today. If you watch the trailer you can get an idea of what it's all about, and the only thing I could fault this movie on is some of the music choices, they weren't terrible, but they could have been a little more subtle, that is to say some of them talk for the emotion expected from the audience. Overall I would definitely check out the trailer and if you like it from there, it's definitely worth seeing on a true big screen. And if you have any doubts, it's holding down a 92% on rotten tomatoes.

Edit: If you only like big Hollywood movies, you probably won't appreciate this film.

Last edited:

Lucidity

Marx

live4something

Ready to race!
not going to lie, i saw it Saturday and hated it. the Dialogue is absolute, complete garbage...what little dialogue there was that is. To each their own though

Lucidity

Marx
not going to lie, i saw it Saturday and hated it. the Dialogue is absolute, complete garbage...what little dialogue there was that is. To each their own though

I can see where you can fault it, but honestly I think it's fitting of the characters. It's not something like a Tarantino film where it is dialogue centric, if there were a ton of dialogue that was lacking I could see it being an issue, but there isn't all that much, and for the Driver, I think that's totally suited. But I don't think this is going to be a movie for everyone, hence why I brought up history of violence, to me it is quite similar.

MDgti08

Go Kart Champion
they said like 10 words the entire movie and it took them 45 seconds to speak when they were spoken too. I thought the movie was terrible and the pink writing was terrible.

Bizzy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 2Door Bmp GTI
i went to see it with a bunch of people and not one person likes imo the movie was trash ....im glad you liked it though i just couldn't wait for it to end

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
the only good part was when the girl would run and her chest would bounce..other than that it was pretty crappy. And iI tend to like those movies..

StayStetti

Banned
It was an avant-garde film, probably why most people don't get/like it. Just a heads up, there's lots of blood and such, the people next to us in the theater were like throwing up. ha.

Lucidity

Marx
Yeah I can see why some didn't like it, it's certainly not a Michael Bay movie...

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
story line was there but it just seemed like there wasnt much effort in it. could have been a lot better

Lucidity

Marx
story line was there but it just seemed like there wasnt much effort in it. could have been a lot better

.... You apparently didn't see the same movie, every shot was crafted beautifully, all of the effects were practical in nature, no cutting corners and doing shit the easy/cheap way with CGI. All the camera angles and lighting were well thought out and planned, each setting the tone, capturing the suspense, adding so much more than simple dialogue could. I'm not big into the whole awards and all, but they don't just give out stuff at Cannes to just anyone who shows up. Just because the dialogue isn't performed in the manner that you wish does not mean there was a lack of effort.

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
Just my opinion. didnt say the effects were cheap, just saying the movie could have been made into something more. It reminded me of ghost rider

Lucidity

Marx
Just my opinion. didnt say the effects were cheap, just saying the movie could have been made into something more. It reminded me of ghost rider

You said more effort, practical effects require far more effort was my point. It's much more difficult and often costly due to the insurance factor if someone gets injured or killed. I do find it interesting that all of you are from California though...