GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Movie and TV Recommendations

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Hot take: The Batman blows. Turned it off 40 mins in because it was going too slow.

If you're gonna make a 3 hour movie you gotta bring the fire, The Dark Knight is the only movie I've ever been 2 hours into and thought to myself "I want this to keep going". 2 and a half hours of a masterpiece from beginning to end

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Hot take: The Batman blows. Turned it off 40 mins in because it was going too slow.

If you're gonna make a 3 hour movie you gotta bring the fire, The Dark Knight is the only movie I've ever been 2 hours into and thought to myself "I want this to keep going". 2 and a half hours of a masterpiece from beginning to end
41282BE1-5D93-409F-BE94-04534A515F74.gif

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I started Our Flag Means Death. It's a comedy about a rich aristocrat that want's to be a pirate and he ends up meeting Blackbeard who's played by Taika Waititi. The way he plays Blackbeard and the friendship between him and the aristocrat has been hilarious.

Just started that recently as well. I've only seen the first episode, but I like where this is going. I'll watch most anything if Taika Waititi is involved.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I'm so glad I bought a ps5 with a disc player and not the digital version. I watched spider-man a few weeks ago, but I had streamed it from amazon. I watched it again this weekend, but this time it was a 4k bluray. That's only the 2nd time I've watched a 4k bluray on my oled....gonna have to start doing that a lot more. The difference between the image quality is amazing.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
BluRay vs streaming is the same argument as FLAC/CD vs mp3, imo. There's a large loss in quality -- both video and audio -- that happens with the compression of the files into a streaming format.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
I'm so glad I bought a ps5 with a disc player and not the digital version. I watched spider-man a few weeks ago, but I had streamed it from amazon. I watched it again this weekend, but this time it was a 4k bluray. That's only the 2nd time I've watched a 4k bluray on my oled....gonna have to start doing that a lot more. The difference between the image quality is amazing.
Now compare a PS5, which doesn’t support DV, to a dedicated 4K player and then really prepare to have your mind blown.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Barry is killing it this season.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Gotta find time to watch the new season of Barry. Been watching Minx and it's pretty funny.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion

I think I've watched it at least a dozen times, when Mrs. Shovel isn't home and I can crank the shit out of the audio.

Two more in the same (long sci-fi movies I've watched multiple times) realm but not at the same level are T2 Judgement Day and the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
BluRay vs streaming is the same argument as FLAC/CD vs mp3, imo. There's a large loss in quality -- both video and audio -- that happens with the compression of the files into a streaming format.
I feel like there are a lot of young people that don't know what music is supposed to sound like.