GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

motul oils

BAMF

Ready to race!
I believe the X-Clean is newer. I remember seeing it long after I had been running the X-Cess, but figured if I was happy why change. Looking at their site, it seems to me that the X-Clean is tailored for newer diesels that have to meet the stricter emissions standards put in place over the past few years.

IMO, you won't be disappointed with the X-Cess. I've been running it for 50k+ and love it! Seems to idle smoother, and definitely burns less than the Mobil 1 and Castrol I ran prior.

panda_man22

Go Kart Champion
ive have been running x-cess since the 2nd oil change.. like you said no reason to change, ive just never seen the c3 oil before.

WickedLou9

I'm a geek
Car(s)
2008 GTI

Cadbury

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MKV
505.01 is for diesel engines, I had to use it with my 2005 TDI. It does supersede 505.00 though. It won't void your warranty, I've asked VW before.

-cad

WickedLou9

I'm a geek
Car(s)
2008 GTI
505.01 is for diesel engines, I had to use it with my 2005 TDI. It does supersede 505.00 though. It won't void your warranty, I've asked VW before.

-cad

Some people even run Shell Rotella T6 with out any issue. I have been tempted to use it myself because it's readily available and cheap. I am trying the Motul specific at my next change. We'll see.