GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

More agressive front end look, viable?

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie

i was looking at 918hare's pic about his turn signals, and i was thinking. what if you removed that middle part on the grill, the part that seperates the top grill from the bottom, and had a body shop make a grill that fits in the gap and repaint it all etc etc, that thing would loook so fucking mean. i don't know what's behind it because i don't have my car yet, but would this be viable or no? is there some sort of structural integrity problem of sorts that i have overlooked?

:smoking:

note: you would remove the vw logo and its holder along with the red line too, so its a flush honeycomb all the way down. just thought id clarify xD

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
ehl....i think that just tooo much open space looks lk you are missing the front bumper w/ all that open space.....looks lk one of the audi concepts i have seen w/ the grill opening that big...

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
omfg YES! YES YES! it looks like it wants to eat me!, id remove the red line, but holy god of love and happiness! that's AWSOME!

very much like the audi's, but not my cup of tea. but to each his own. seems to me like there might be a problem without having the bumper there if your were to have a front end collision... knock on wood.

gatorfast

man amongst boys
I dont like the way it looks at all...but I think it would look alright if you removed the middle part and put the honeycomb in (like in the pic) but you covered the lower grill up.

[VU]Juan

Oval Newbie
I also thing that the opening is too big on the chop... now excuse me here since I have NO photoshop skills but this is an idea:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Texas_MkV said:
I tried to do it real quick in Photoshop. I think it came out okay. I am sure that someone else could have done a lot better, but I guess it is better than nothing.

I added in an extended smile, but I could show one without it if you like.

Great PS job, but it makes the car look like poo.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Ugly. It needs a set of teeth!

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
lol if you make an entire honeycomb grille like that, you might as well slap the four rings on there as well :thumbsup: