GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mod time...yay or nay?

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
High Flow Turbo Outlet Pipe Kit - With Turbo Muffler Delete (replace the pancake pipe)

And

High Flow Throttle Pipe.

Pulled the trigger on the IE DSG tune...they offer a military discount, too, so that sealed the deal for me. This I know will help, but what are your honest thoughts on the two above mods???

Thanks in advance!

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I haven't installed them yet but I've heard the high flow pipes don't offer much in power but more in sound. Grats on the DSG tune though they are awesome.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
You know, I am in the middle of upgrading mine. I'm ko4 so probably should have done pancake pipe awhile ago. I did the throttle pipe last week but didn't notice much as my car is already loud hissing noises.
However...i have seen a dyno graph on here and the guy swore he picked up 10-15hp don't remember so I was like yea why not.dsg tune will definitely be a changer for ya, have fun and thanks for your service!
Merica

Edit: I have not seen the dyno as it doesn't show up but others did. I dropped the link below

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah I have those pipes waiting to go on the car but I don't think they are power adders until K04. I read somewhere that a tuner (APR maybe) even said that the stock pancake pipe is not much of a restriction. If anything removing that might shift the power curve up a bit rather then adding power?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Do you have upgraded engine mounts? Don't see it in your sig.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Yeah I have those pipes waiting to go on the car but I don't think they are power adders until K04. I read somewhere that a tuner (APR maybe) even said that the stock pancake pipe is not much of a restriction. If anything removing that might shift the power curve up a bit rather then adding power?
Apr only said that because they don't make them

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I looked at that thread before the pictures stopped working. The Neuspeed pipe showed a gain on the dyno chart, enough to be worth considering. I'm not sure how different the Neuspeed is from other pipes though.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I do not. Issue?

No just another mod option that I found really helped with getting the stage 2 power down.

I think those pipes are expensive for what they are. I bought them used.

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
No just another mod option that I found really helped with getting the stage 2 power down.

I think those pipes are expensive for what they are. I bought them used.
I do have the Dogbone Transmission Engine Mount...does that count?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I do have the Dogbone Transmission Engine Mount...does that count?

Yes that is part of the puzzle and adds a good bit of rigidness. Motor mounts are just the icing on the cake. I found the car would unsettle itself in corners when getting on/off the throttle until I replaced all the mounts.

zrickety

The Fixer
I put Neuspeed on mine. The muffler delete is overrated, but the pipes absolutely work. Wrap the throttle pipe with DEI or other heat tape, keep those induction temps low. You'll feel the difference!