GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MkV wheel/tire fitment guide

Mk6arnie

Mk6 question..

I currently drive an mk6 gli.. (I know not a golf) but was wondering if this chart would be the same for my car? If so I'm try in a new set up this summer and was wondering if it would work. 2" drop on coilovers with tsw bathurst wheels 18x8.5 offset 43 with 215/40/18?? Can anyone help me?

DerekH

Ready to race!
The fitment will be the same on the front. I can only assume fitment will be the same in the rear. 8.5 et43 is pretty safe fitment as well, so i can only assume you'll be ok but i would wait for someone with a gli to chime in. might have more luck asking around on golfMK6.

EINZ

Hi all, first post on the forums. I have a 2009 Pirelli with stock 18x7.5 Pirelli wheels et51 and 225/40 tyres, i am looking for spacers to get it flush with guards. Can someone please help link me suitable spacers? Do I need conical or ball seat studs?

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Hi all, first post on the forums. I have a 2009 Pirelli with stock 18x7.5 Pirelli wheels et51 and 225/40 tyres, i am looking for spacers to get it flush with guards. Can someone please help link me suitable spacers? Do I need conical or ball seat studs?

Are you lowered?

10mm front & 15mm is a pretty common setup
Ball seat for the OEM wheels

EINZ

Cheers Snob and Das! Not intending to lower further as the car as is 15mm lower already from factory and perfect for as my DD. I've gone ahead and brought those spacers. Next step is a nice cat back!

Saki Ashraf

Passed Driver's Ed
I will be installing the Neuspeed Pro Cup kit with the Koni STR.T struts. Site indicates 1.5" drop. Just bought 18x8 ET45 wheels. Chart indicates 235/40/18 will rub? Anyone running this combo and has other experience? Would like to see some pics as well.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I will be installing the Neuspeed Pro Cup kit with the Koni STR.T struts. Site indicates 1.5" drop. Just bought 18x8 ET45 wheels. Chart indicates 235/40/18 will rub? Anyone running this combo and has other experience? Would like to see some pics as well.

235/40 will be meaty for sure but shouldn't be a problem with a fender screw mod and rolled fenders even driving like a madman. I don't have pics, sorry.

TooMuchPoke

Doing it wrong
Car(s)
'07 Jetta Wolfsburg
Okay, so I'm running a fairly aggressive setup, and I'm weighing my options for front camber. Maxing out the stock rear camber helped me clear the tires, and hopefully I can pull enough more to stop hitting the fender with the wheel. I'm running 18x9.5 et22 all around with 215/40/18's. The options I'm currently looking at are IE camber plates, Kmac camber plates, and the Megan Racing roll center adjusters. I like the idea of going with the roll center adjusters to spend $400 less, but I'm concerned that since they push the ball joint outward instead of pulling the top of the strut inward, they'll just end up pushing the bottom of the wheel out and won't help pull the tire into the fender up top. Any opinions or ideas are welcome. The car doesn't get tracked. Just my aggressively driven daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hrimnir

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok, so, I know I should just go with 18's but I reaaaallly want to get 19's. I'm looking at the Neuspeed RSE10's in a 19x8 ET45 with a 235/35/19.

I just had Eibach Pro Kits and Koni STr.T shocks/struts installed. According to Eibach's application guide for a 2007 is a .9" drop. Theoretically according to the chart I should be fine yes?

I keep hearing that these springs are lower than advertised, however most of what I can see with that is in relation to the MK6 springs and not the MK5.

Anyways, I don't want to go 225/35/19 because from everything I'm reading it really would be an unsafe load rating on the tire and I would have to run an abnormally high PSI to combat it, which mean bad wear, bad contact patch, bad ride (moreso than you would already get with 19's).

If anyone is running a similar setup and could give me a headsup on how things were, I would be extremely grateful.

Xmred

Hey guys. HopefI'll someone can revive this old thread. I would love to see this chart that RRR made but it doesn't she the image because of photo buckets third party thing. Does anyone know how I can view it or if someone has it saved somewhere? Thanks in advance!