GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV K04 VS RB26DETT S13 VS E85 650HP STI

karl87

Ready to race!
Here is me and my GTI vs 2 600+HP cars. I'm not going to describe to much the video speaks for itself. The STI Dynoed 649AWHP and the S13 Dynoed a little over 700WHP on race gas and 30PSI. We raced until the white line on the road that you can not really see. I know everyone will not believe any of it but turn up your speakers anyway and enjoy. Also I let off when they passed me as you can see but some jerk is still gonna call bs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUoLMFdA8KM

Cornbread

Ready to race!
so who won?

DUB2OT

Banned
good runs nice work.

karl87

Ready to race!
so who won?

The S13 and STI both won one time a piece against each other but the Sti was having issues in their 2nd race (when the silvia won) We raced to a mark on the road that we usually use for 1/4 mile drags so it was basically a 1/4 mile race starting from a roll. I won against both of them but I am sure that they would have eventually walked on me pretty hard. According to the video when I raced the s13 we ran an 11.?? 1/4 mile and yes it is really a 1/4 mile, we are pretty serious about our racing since the city wont build us a track.

is this a joke?

No not at all, I guess if you wanted to call me out I can post more pics of all 3 cars including a few Dyno sheets above 600WHP for the STI He just had his car built in AZ. As for me, I no longer use an off the shelf tune Ive been experimenting with my own tuning and i'm considering going public with it (currently not for stock rods) since I guarantee ill pull any other K04 car.

ripped

Go Kart Champion
he ment the video a joke cause you guys look like peanuts out there

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
As for me, I no longer use an off the shelf tune Ive been experimenting with my own tuning and i'm considering going public with it (currently not for stock rods) since I guarantee ill pull any other K04 car.

Proof and pretty ballsy of you to say you'll beat any other ko4 car. Lot of cars have ko4. Soltice, Saturn sky, some gti, mazdaspeed 3, Chevy cobalts. Some of highest numbers I've seen on the dynos are from cobalts. Cars are ugly as fuck but they're fast. Would like to see this posted in the turbocharged cobalt ss forums.....

Vwgtivw

Ready to race!
Proof and pretty ballsy of you to say you'll beat any other ko4 car. Lot of cars have ko4. Soltice, Saturn sky, some gti, mazdaspeed 3, Chevy cobalts. Some of highest numbers I've seen on the dynos are from cobalts. Cars are ugly as fuck but they're fast. Would like to see this posted in the turbocharged cobalt ss forums.....

Think he meant GTI, but no worries..guess he'll have to race one and find out. And about the races, doesnt matter how much your k04 is making but i can promise its not over 330whp, which is still hardly enough to beat any 600whp car no matter any conditions. Anything can happen on the street though :thumbsup:

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
im not starting an arguement here lol. i got the money for my ko4 already but still unsure about buying it

karl87

Ready to race!
Think he meant GTI, but no worries..guess he'll have to race one and find out. And about the races, doesnt matter how much your k04 is making but i can promise its not over 330whp, which is still hardly enough to beat any 600whp car no matter any conditions. Anything can happen on the street though :thumbsup:

I only beat them because they have such narrow powerbands after 4th gear id be raped pretty bad but the standard for here is the 1/4 mile and that is where we raced too. I'll do some 1 mile runs with them and i'm sure Ill be raped after they don't have to shift and respool so often. I was surprised that the silvia had such a dramatic spool time because He is running twin gt30's. The STI has a huge turbo, ill have to ask him what size exactly but I do know its a .97 hotside. And I think i'm making more than 330WHP there are some ED30's making more than that on more conservative tunes.

Np man Ill ask him if I can get a pic of his dyno sheets. And yeah I was referring to GTI's, not sure what the cobalts are running for HP but I am no longer on stock rods and I am running pretty aggressive settings more than an off the shelf tune would allow.

karl87

Ready to race!

Just realized you where not talking about proof of his dyno sheets. What did you want proof of? Im not aware of any other K04 cars in my area so that would be hard for me to back up I guess but I'm pretty confident that its true.

Vwgtivw

Ready to race!
I only beat them because they have such narrow powerbands after 4th gear id be raped pretty bad but the standard for here is the 1/4 mile and that is where we raced too. I'll do some 1 mile runs with them and i'm sure Ill be raped after they don't have to shift and respool so often. I was surprised that the silvia had such a dramatic spool time because He is running twin gt30's. The STI has a huge turbo, ill have to ask him what size exactly but I do know its a .97 hotside. And I think i'm making more than 330WHP there are some ED30's making more than that on more conservative tunes.

Np man Ill ask him if I can get a pic of his dyno sheets. And yeah I was referring to GTI's, not sure what the cobalts are running for HP but I am no longer on stock rods and I am running pretty aggressive settings more than an off the shelf tune would allow.

Oh, didnt know you had built your engine. In that case lucky you! k04 with custom tune can get pretty torquey and probably one of the quickest midrange cars out there

karl87

Ready to race!
Oh, didnt know you had built your engine. In that case lucky you! k04 with custom tune can get pretty torquey and probably one of the quickest midrange cars out there

Yeah I like to have a good midrange I love dyno sheets and all but for the racing around here Ill take less power and a healthy power-band over 650hp for less than 2000 rpm. I have to admit though when that sti gets into boost it sounds so so awesome. Just turn up the video its like an eargasam. I think ill look into head-work next and keep waiting for more cam options.

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
what state/city do you live in?