GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV K04 VS RB26DETT S13 VS E85 650HP STI

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
I just do it bi-monthly when I check my oil level/catch can.

thanks, you think i should go back to the d04 nozzle? ... how many miles do you drive every week? ...

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
thread jacking time ... i didnt know sky's/soltice's had k04's ... didnt ripped lose to a k04 gti a while ago? ...

Yeah those all have ko4 with the exception of the supercharged ss cobalt that is a turd lol. Ripped is on some new shit e85 tune and some other stuff. Those cars are light too. A buddy of mine here in SD has a Saturn sky and he has ko4 in it with e85 tune and full tbe and Intercooler and other various bolts ons and he put down 369whp and like 400+tq. Car weighs like 28-2900 lbs too.

karl87

Ready to race!
thanks, you think i should go back to the d04 nozzle? ... how many miles do you drive every week? ...

Since I see you are on the Giac HO file I would say yes it would likely beneficial when using pump fuel running the race file. I would say to log block 020 in Vag-com while running the race file both with the d03 and d04 nozzles and look for a difference in timing correction factors. I also turned the onset on my progressive controller up to 7psi from 4psi due to bogging issues that I was having with the D04 nozzle. If you need help or are interested perhaps in going with custom software feel free to pm me and I will gladly help. I drive on average 80-100 miles per week.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Yeah those all have ko4 with the exception of the supercharged ss cobalt that is a turd lol. Ripped is on some new shit e85 tune and some other stuff. Those cars are light too. A buddy of mine here in SD has a Saturn sky and he has ko4 in it with e85 tune and full tbe and Intercooler and other various bolts ons and he put down 369whp and like 400+tq. Car weighs like 28-2900 lbs too.

im gonna brainwash my little brother into tuning his saturn sky redline... plus they also have a lsd ... i remember seeing one of ripped's threads, he said he had 350 whp from e85 ...

Since I see you are on the Giac HO file I would say yes it would likely beneficial when using pump fuel running the race file. I would say to log block 020 in Vag-com while running the race file both with the d03 and d04 nozzles and look for a difference in timing correction factors. I also turned the onset on my progressive controller up to 7psi from 4psi due to bogging issues that I was having with the D04 nozzle. If you need help or are interested perhaps in going with custom software feel free to pm me and I will gladly help. I drive on average 80-100 miles per week.

im gonna keep the giac tune cuz this car is still my dd. and i kinda believe your tune is a little bit too aggressive ... and im gonna show this post to vegasGTI to see if this helps him find the issue with my car ... thanks again ...

karl87

Ready to race!
im gonna keep the giac tune cuz this car is still my dd. and i kinda believe your tune is a little bit too aggressive ... and im gonna show this post to vegasGTI to see if this helps him find the issue with my car ... thanks again ...

Np man. I used to live in Vegas BTW and I went to a few of the meets at the dunkin donuts down there.

JSnover107

Ready to race!
i like how some people started hating on you and your thread until they got some more details of your car.

karl87

Ready to race!
i like how some people started hating on you and your thread until they got some more details of your car.

LOL I know but im used to it on these forums. Im not sure why everyone wants to disprove something all of the time but its ok. I'm trying something new trying to bring the hybrid turbos to the states and get some info out there. Ill be posting my build thread soon and getting some info about my software out there. Look for it soon on the 2.0tfsi forum on vwvortex.com

Davidsfl57

Ready to race!
Car(s)
vw
LOL I know but im used to it on these forums. Im not sure why everyone wants to disprove something all of the time but its ok. I'm trying something new trying to bring the hybrid turbos to the states and get some info out there. Ill be posting my build thread soon and getting some info about my software out there. Look for it soon on the 2.0tfsi forum on vwvortex.com
X2
Very interested in this, please pm the link, it would be cool if you could post it on here (I don't have a vortex account)

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
So the STI was literally about to ROCKET past you and then you both stopped racing.............

that's all i saw

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
I don't get why people are questioning your video. if you watch at 1:15 or so right after you guys take off (yes there were no honks) it shows you hanging w/ him temporarily until his drive train loss losses effect because of the roll. Then you actually hear his car spool for the first time and he gains a car on you in less than a second and then he brakes and you brake. It wasn't really a race more of a "look how much I could have destroyed you if I hadn't braked" for the STI.

KingEgi

Design....Innovate
Car(s)
2006 GTI Mkv
just read up on Celtemps K04 hybrid, not a bad compromise between standard K04 and the GT28, wish we had more case studies with the MKV's

karl87

Ready to race!
I don't get why people are questioning your video. if you watch at 1:15 or so right after you guys take off (yes there were no honks) it shows you hanging w/ him temporarily until his drive train loss losses effect because of the roll. Then you actually hear his car spool for the first time and he gains a car on you in less than a second and then he brakes and you brake. It wasn't really a race more of a "look how much I could have destroyed you if I hadn't braked" for the STI.

You have issues buddy, I've been friends with these guys for 5 years, I know their cars are faster up top but your missing the point the race was for 1/4 mile, no more. And I'm sorry but it does not seem like your to familiar with high horsepower cars. I dont know what your talking about with drivetrain losses.

BranCKY3

rubndub
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Awesome runs! Really shows the downside of huge turbos from lower speeds, although they pretty much destroy you once they get in the powerband, lol.

btw make a video of your speedometer during a similar pull!

karl87

Ready to race!
Awesome runs! Really shows the downside of huge turbos from lower speeds, although they pretty much destroy you once they get in the powerband, lol.

btw make a video of your speedometer during a similar pull!

Ok, I will. I plan on doing another top speed video as well.

WHat of the K24 hybrids?

I have never really done much research on those, I basically just got an awesome deal on the K04 Hybrid so that's what got me into it.