GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV K04 VS RB26DETT S13 VS E85 650HP STI

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Hah also did not know u were built. That changes shit a lot. U using w/m too ?? Is love to see 330whp on a ko4. Might make think about buying it. You got an LSD?

karl87

Ready to race!
Hah also did not know u were built. That changes shit a lot. U using w/m too ?? Is love to see 330whp on a ko4. Might make think about buying it. You got an LSD?

I do have an lsd its a Quaife unit. Yes I am using W/M with a D04 Nozzle and 250gph pump. There are quite a few guys in england running 380+WHP on K04's running custom software. I have no access to a dyno at the moment so all of my tuning was done with 4th gear pulls and allot of time. Ill let you know that a K04 is worth it and so is the W/M. In fact when I was still K03 I hit 178mph in nevada which is also on my youtube channel along with many other videos of my GTI. If you have any questions or are interested in my software let me know through a pm. Id like to start getting it out there, although I don't have a catchy name for it.

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
Did they have street tires or something on them? Lol... I'm finding all this hard to believe

Sent from my rooted Epic 4g.

mtlss

Ready to race!
I'm can believe these races to a point, the STi has very short gears, with a large turbo it literally spools at right before the shift points, however from a stop the sti should easily do 10s, so I'm gonna say A) he did not build his car properly, and B) he can't drive. As for the silvia if he is on street tires with that power, he's not going anywhere until he hits 100 - 110 mph. All this power means nothing if ther cars aren't prepped for it properly.

karl87

Ready to race!
It would be hard to believe but its really all about powerband. Watch the video and listen to the sti when he hits boost, I guarantee you have never heard another one like it. I talked to him last night, His turbo is a Borg-Warner S400 and he runs 30psi. According to his dyno sheet he makes less than 350whp from 4000-6500rpm and then it jumps straight to 600-650whp from 6500-8200rpm. He has straight cut gears and his shifting is precise you can here the dog box in the video if you pay attention. I took more pictures last night of his car and Ill post them here. It was built in AZ and tuned in Maryland, this guy is about 55 years old and this is basically where all his retirement is going. The guy in the Silvia had his car tuned a few years ago and left it untouched since then, He is running two GT3071R's.

karl87

Ready to race!
my bad, missed that in title.

NP, I'm pretty blessed to live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, where the cops condone street racing as long as its out of town and there are tons of insane cars. There are two RB26 Powered silvia's here and a ton of sr20's. We have more than one 800 hp MK3 Supra's a 620WHP MKIV GTI. And My little VW that hauls pretty good in the midrange.

Swiper

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 VW GLI
you guys seem to start randomly from the roll. nobody honks the horn 3 times, you weren't lined up well either time, not saying you didn't beat them because I guess it just makes sense that you beat cars with literally twice the HP and probably 200 more tq.

All this seems fishy to me. Got any dyno charts of your car?

D-Rick21

Ready to race!
so can you list every mod you have or a link to a build sheet(preferably one that doesn't need a password to look at)?

While you could possibly be making 350whp+, 350-380whp in a 3100 lbs car isn't going to be faster then two other cars making about 80% more power. If both those cars make those numbers and are running correctly they should both kill brand new Z06's and brand new GTR's. I'm sorry but a full bolt on and tuned k04 gti without something crazy like a 200+ shot of nitrous and/or serious weight reduction (400+ lbs) isn't going to beat either a new Z06 or a new GTR.

This is 470awhp sti... so just imagine another 180awhp...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYl7_F8PCrY

Maybe both the sti and s13 are just very poorly put together and/or tuned, because your gti isn't trapping in the mid to high 120's in the 1/4

karl87

Ready to race!
you guys seem to start randomly from the roll. nobody honks the horn 3 times, you weren't lined up well either time, not saying you didn't beat them because I guess it just makes sense that you beat cars with literally twice the HP and probably 200 more tq.

All this seems fishy to me. Got any dyno charts of your car?

There is a white line on the road that we started from, we where lined up just fine. From a standing start we had a flagger. We've got it down man we have done this for years. Its actually highly organized.