GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV Intake Valve Cleaning Question

Car(s)
2008 GTI
I have a crappy idle as well and to my knowledge, the valves have never been done. As much as I want to spend two days in the 100+*F weather, I think it will have to wait. I might even pay someone else to do it. Anyone know of a good shop or person that would be willing to do this for a reasonable price near Cincinnati, OH?

My dealer is doing a cleaning for $119. Was pretty shocked when he told me that is how low they do it for. They also did my DSG for $250, so i think they are low all around.

Car(s)
2008 GTI
Everything in and around where fuel goes, rails, manifold, valves. I couldn't believe it either.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Everything in and around where fuel goes, rails, manifold, valves. I couldn't believe it either.

Better double check that they are pulling off the manifold and MANUALLY scraping the valves, because no fuel touches the valves or manifold. Hell, new injector seals and an intake manifold gasket cost that much at dealer prices.

Car(s)
2008 GTI
I know I know! I asked all these questions, I think I am going to ask someone else, but again I also do think that my dealer is crazy low because of where I live.

AznKlique

2007 GTI DSG
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I know I know! I asked all these questions, I think I am going to ask someone else, but again I also do think that my dealer is crazy low because of where I live.

For that price, I'm almost positive that their definition of valve cleaning is to use the BG44 cleaning system. The dealer by me offers the same service. I recall seeing posts that this cleaning service is not as effective as manually cleaning the valves as discussed within this thread.