GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MkV GTI with R32 rear end

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
Here are some pics of my car with the new mods I installed (R32 rear end and EJ R32 style TBE, Defi Blue Racer boost gauge):

Yes I know the gauge needs to be adjusted in these pic. It wasn't hooked up completely when I took the pics; just wanted to see what it looked like with the lights on.

Before and after video for the exhaust:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h5QftjkluQ

Last edited:

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
why is your car running and its not showing -20 hg?
Gauge wasn't hooked up completely at the time of the picture :thumbsup:

^
Absolutely wonderful :clap: i cannot wait to get the same rear. how did the shop for the exhaust?
Took the shop about 4 hours to do the HPFP, rear end conversion, and the exhaust. As for the labor costs, it was like around $400 CAD and then another $250 to get reflashed to Unitronic Stage 2+. I also got the cam folllower replaced since it was starting to show signs of wear with just Stage 1; might as well put a brand spanking new one to get beat up on by the new parts and tune!

Last edited:

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Thanks for the sound clip, it's awesome to be able to hear the difference like that. That TBE sounds wicked. Nice job! Where'd you get your R32 rear from?

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
Coilovers are my next mod :thumbsup:

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
Boost gauge hooked up. I wired the illumination wire to the headlight switch but I don't think my wiretap cut into the headlight switch wire all the way so it's on permanent day mode. I actually like this a lot since I like the visibility of the gauge when I want to look at it.

Mines permanently night mode. Something is wrong with the dimmer and it keeps flashing, so i got it set to perm dimmed. I love your rear, I wish i had one.