GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV GTI vs. MKV GLI?

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Just curious as to why you guyz choose the Golf GTI over the Jetta GLI? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
I went with the GTi due to that fact that not only have I always wanted a GTi (83-present) but also the weight of the GLI offsets the power of the 2.0T. So I went with a 2.5 Jetta for my wife and I took the GTi.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Dubdr said:
I went with the GTi due to that fact that not only have I always wanted a GTi (83-present) but also the weight of the GLI offsets the power of the 2.0T. So I went with a 2.5 Jetta for my wife and I took the GTi.

I wish I could talk my wife into getting a Jetta, instead of driving around in that gas guzzling Tahoe. I'm pretty sure that if/when I get my GTI I'll have to hide my keys :biggrin:

Sauceboy01

Touring Car Newbie
Bouston said:
I wish I could talk my wife into getting a Jetta, instead of driving around in that gas guzzling Tahoe. I'm pretty sure that if/when I get my GTI I'll have to hide my keys :biggrin:

Oh man, i hope she's paying for her own gas!! lol! :laugh:

Motorweek review of the 2006 GTI! I went to the dealer not even knowing about the GLI, or caring. No offense. I knew what I wanted and that was that. I am SO happy I got a GTI. This car is the ultimate in performance/fun/quality/price. :thumbup:

Too bad it's in the body shop due to being hit by a drunk driver. *rikkin! frakkin! mumble! mumble!* :help:

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
I don't like the way the rear of the Jetta looks. I had/still have in the drive way an Mk3 Jetta and I just prefer th feel of the hatchback over the sedan.

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
wanted a 2dr car....and i lk how the GTI looks, use to drive a Maxima so was getting bored of the 4 dr sedan

linenoyz

Go Kart Champion
I'll probably be getting my wife a GLI next year...but I definitely like my GTI better than the Jetta. :)