GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mkv gti stg2+ vs b5(or 6) s4 stg1

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Long story short, pulled on him. If I got the jump, I'd stay ahead, if he did, I'd slowly pull. Fun. And it's always nice to surprise someone when the exhaust is fully opened up lol

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
If it is either of those than that is an EXTREMELY nice kill. Those are both very fast cars to our not so fast cars

Subie2013

Humble yourself
If it is either of those than that is an EXTREMELY nice kill. Those are both very fast cars to our not so fast cars
Not really very fast. A stage 1 B5 S4 is just as fast as a stock STI(2013) and I'd hardly say when my sti when stock it was "fast" but sounds pretty much right.

Stage 2 GTI gets pulled on by a stock sti decently, a stage 2+ is almost neck and neck with a slight pull on the GTI's part. If this guys car is a dsg it makes a lot more sense.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Yeah the "very" part was probably misplaced, eh it was early. I could see it if he was DSG and then went from a roll.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Ok, I'll add more detail lol.
I was cruisin, saw the bright lights and heard the exhaust, when he passed under a light I saw it was a silver s4 (and now I know it was b5, 2.7 biturbo {k03s}) I originally thought it was a local shop owner I know, that has the same type of car, but built with twin k04s. So when he came zooming up, I goosed it a little bit, and he pulled up along side me and I saw it wasn't my friend. Then I thought, huh why not. And we took off. I shoulda been a gear lower, and he pulled on me. Came up to stop, dropped windows, shot the shit, and then decided to do another run or two. Ran from a dig, and he of course jumped. Shortly after we did 2 pulls from 20, and I took him both times.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Yeah the "very" part was probably misplaced, eh it was early. I could see it if he was DSG and then went from a roll.

Not really very fast. A stage 1 B5 S4 is just as fast as a stock STI(2013) and I'd hardly say when my sti when stock it was "fast" but sounds pretty much right.

Stage 2 GTI gets pulled on by a stock sti decently, a stage 2+ is almost neck and neck with a slight pull on the GTI's part. If this guys car is a dsg it makes a lot more sense.

My car is DM stg2+, DSG, FSI
His car
B5 s4 (for sure b5, looked it up), manual tranny, stage 1, but a "custom" tune from his buddy. Custom turbo back. Lots of pops and flames from the exhaust when he let off the throttle. He also said he only reaches 15 psi of boost.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
B5 S4 is one of the most talked-up platforms ever. By today's standards they're not that fast, especially on stock turbos.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
My car is DM stg2+, DSG, FSI
His car
B5 s4 (for sure b5, looked it up), manual tranny, stage 1, but a "custom" tune from his buddy. Custom turbo back. Lots of pops and flames from the exhaust when he let off the throttle. He also said he only reaches 15 psi of boost.
I believe you

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Honestly, I thought it would be faster. It sounded aggressive. And I thought having 2 turbos would and a 2.7 would have more to offer

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Honestly, I thought it would be faster. It sounded aggressive. And I thought having 2 turbos would and a 2.7 would have more to offer
They're held back a lot, the ko3's just don't push that much, and he doesn't have downpipes. Once you go ko4 with them it's a mid 400whp car.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
Yea, my Stage 2 FSI would pull on my friends Stage 1 B5 S4 easily. Especially since I am DSG. Here is a video of us doing a race where she gets a big jump on me, then I start reeling her in fast... until I noticed a cop coming up behind us and I shut it down.

She got the street racing ticket lololol

dapper5

Passed Driver's Ed
B5 S4 is one of the most talked-up platforms ever. By today's standards they're not that fast, especially on stock turbos.

^ this. b5 s4 is a nice platform and has potential but they are so damn heavy...

^ not trying to be a dick, but i disagree.
315 chp 345 ctq = stage 1 b5 s4
305 chp 268 ctq (correct me if im wrong on tq) = stock sti
288 chp 345 ctq = stage 2 gti (eurodyne, so you know the tuner i pulled info from. stage 2 for CBFA/CCTA TSI.. its what i have)
roughly 20-22% loss in DT for AWD
8% loss for FWD.....
plus small weight differences, driving experience, etc.

244awhp 220awtq (roughly) for stock sti.
265fwhp 318fwtq (roughly) for a stage 2 gti.
i would love to see the stock sti pull on a stage 2 gti... especially a DSG.
:threadjacked:

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Well in this forum, it's mainly FSI, which I believe has lower numbers than TSI. and I believe FWD DT loss is greater than 8%, and AWD less than 20%. I believe it's closer to 10% and 15%, respectively.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
^ this. b5 s4 is a nice platform and has potential but they are so damn heavy...

^ not trying to be a dick, but i disagree.
315 chp 345 ctq = stage 1 b5 s4
305 chp 268 ctq (correct me if im wrong on tq) = stock sti
288 chp 345 ctq = stage 2 gti (eurodyne, so you know the tuner i pulled info from. stage 2 for CBFA/CCTA TSI.. its what i have)
roughly 20-22% loss in DT for AWD
8% loss for FWD.....
plus small weight differences, driving experience, etc.

244awhp 220awtq (roughly) for stock sti.
265fwhp 318fwtq (roughly) for a stage 2 gti.
i would love to see the stock sti pull on a stage 2 gti... especially a DSG.
:threadjacked:
Hahahaha.

What stage 2 GTI has 265whp? You'd be damn lucky to get 230whp out of a stage two setup. And that's me going off of dyno's people have posted. And more so since tuners don't even project those numbers at the crank for a stage 2 car. 250hp is where most big tuner number are at. For tq, you're high as fuck. HAHAHAHA. And an STI has 295tq.

Gonna go ahead and doubt there being a 8% power loss, I'd say it's closer to 12-15% depending on altitude.

And just to show that you're a total ***got, I had both of these cars at the exact same time. And did multiple runs and switched drives just to prove there wasn't a driver mod. Same result, STI pulls every. Single. Fucking. Time.

So gtfo you dumbass.

Just so you can get your panties in a bunch, here is GIAC's number. 25-45 horse power gains with a HPFP.

http://www.giacusa.com/products/sof...Golf_%AE_(_MK5_2005_-_2009_)&chassis=Golf_%AE

Last edited:

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Well in this forum, it's mainly FSI, which I believe has lower numbers than TSI. and I believe FWD DT loss is greater than 8%, and AWD less than 20%. I believe it's closer to 10% and 15%, respectively.
Nah I think he hit the nail on the head with power loss with AWD cars.