GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV Gti APR STAGE 1 -- HELP!!

scorpious

Hello,

A few weeks ago i got APR flash on my MKV GTI , I loved every second driving the car with the 91 octane program. Unfortunately after a while the car started acting weird. I took it to the shop and they told me the car was misfiring and it only happens when the car runs on the 91 octane program. The shop says they already contacted APR and they are working on an update file to correct this problem, but they don't how long is going to take apr to deliver the update ... I'm wondering if my car is the only one having this issue? and how to resolve this ??

:help:

scorpious

No issues with my software and I've had it for over a year and 15,xxx miles.

You are running 91 octane gas, correct? lol... it could be just a general warranty issue. See what the dealer says

Yeah Im running 91 octane, I took it to the dealer with the stock program and they didn't find any issues..

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Car(s)
2011 GTI CCTA
what are the symptoms of the misfire, like what does the car do? Does it stagger and shutter on acceleration? any codes being thrown? Have you tried just disconnecting your battery, and reconnecting after 15-20mins?

scorpious

Which engine do you have?

FSI or TSI?

FSI

what are the symptoms of the misfire, like what does the car do? Does it stagger and shutter on acceleration? any codes being thrown? Have you tried just disconnecting your battery, and reconnecting after 15-20mins?
It makes a weird noise about 3k rpm then the sounds gets worst and the car starts shaking . Haven't tried the battery yet

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Car(s)
2011 GTI CCTA
if it's a misfire, and it shakes upon acceleration like that, check your coilpacks. Namely coil pack 1 and 3. If no problems found there, check your plugs.

Typically, a misfire can be a lot of things, but I've seen a lot of coil packs go on these cars, giving similar symptoms. My car included. Should be covered under dealer warranty, just bring it in and have them inspect the coilpacks, because you detected a misfire.

scorpious

if it's a misfire, and it shakes upon acceleration like that, check your coilpacks. Namely coil pack 1 and 3. If no problems found there, check your plugs.

Typically, a misfire can be a lot of things, but I've seen a lot of coil packs go on these cars, giving similar symptoms. My car included. Should be covered under dealer warranty, just bring it in and have them inspect the coilpacks, because you detected a misfire.

thanks!! will check the coil packs