GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV GTI alternative

Jeppe

Drag Race Newbie
Since this is mostly an American board, I was wondering if you guys know about the new Seat Leon Cupra which is being introduced here now. I am unsure whether Seat is actually available in the US?
I am going to get a test drive once it is available here.

Here it is the same price as the GTI, but it seems to be even more sporty and aggressive than the GTI.

240 hp, 300 nm
0-100 (km/h) 6.4
247 km/h top speed
18" rims standard

Lots of pics and impressions:
http://www.seatcupra.net//seat_news/reports/seat_leon_cupra_2007_road_test_565.html

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
Unfortunately, Seat is not available in the US :frown:

I love the Cupra and would definitely consider it if I was in the market again for a hot hatch.

It looks like it's sharing our MFD

zerogt86

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I'm pretty sure its on the same chasis as the GTI and has a similar suspension (if not the same). I think it also has a 2.0t, but with a K04 instead of our K03s. I would guess the main difference in price is because the interior isnt as nice.

Jeppe

Drag Race Newbie
Actually the Seat Leon is pretty much identical to the Golf. The Cupra version has the same TFSI engine, but with a different turbo and a few other engine parts. Also the brakes are bigger and apparently the suspension is taken from the Audi S3.

A shame the interior is not as nice as the Golf's though. And that it is not available with DSG :eek:

Corleone

Go Kart Newbie
Hi there,

The Seat is in Portugal too. Altough it is a very interesting car, it isn´t a Golf. And it hasn´t 31 years of history, as the GTI badge as...

Is thas a better motor? So does the new CTR, or the Megane RS, or even the Cooper S in some items...So? There are some good oportunities available in the market (european one)....but...I wouldn´t make other choice..for sure.

Note: The new CTR had win the last top gear test...but with some good effort on it...:biggrin:

Regards

JonGrace959

My Fast is Alive
Car(s)
2007 Speed 3
i think the seat logo in the front sucks. and its to big. plus who names their cars Seat. its sorta random.

the car seems very aggresive. but i dont like the back end. i wouldnt buy one even if it was in the states competing with gti mk5