GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV GT TDI Tunning suggestions

morage_key_ring

Passed Driver's Ed
hi guys, i'm pretty new to the wonderful Golf GT world. found this site http://www.mega4.co.uk/price_list.asp online, offering remap my car to get 187 bhp as well as 316 ft lb torque, all for a little £500. that sounds like a big step jumping from 140bhp as standard. but since it is a diesel they don't offer trial periods.

Just wondering what you guys (more experienced) thinks of this, is this a good deal? Has anyone had this done yet? and are there any potential problems i might be faced with??

Thanks guys.

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Wow... never heard of a tuning for a diesel. But you must remember that you sacrifice speed for feul economy.

Revo's a good company. I'd go for it :)
500 quid is pretty cheap too.

GTI2007

In Europe it is a common thing to chiptune a TDI (Turbo Diesel) engine. Then you get 187 HP and 316 lbs-ft out of a 140 HP TDI engine and still have an average fuel consumption of 40-45 mpg.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
morage_key_ring said:
hi guys, i'm pretty new to the wonderful Golf GT world. found this site http://www.mega4.co.uk/price_list.asp online, offering remap my car to get 187 bhp as well as 316 ft lb torque, all for a little £500. that sounds like a big step jumping from 140bhp as standard. but since it is a diesel they don't offer trial periods.

Just wondering what you guys (more experienced) thinks of this, is this a good deal? Has anyone had this done yet? and are there any potential problems i might be faced with??

Thanks guys.

I'd jump on tyresmoke.net too and chat with some of the guys on there.. It's a much more European dominated website, and there's plenty of folks on there with TDI's, both Audi and VW.

Then bring your new knowledge back here and share... :thumbsup:

morage_key_ring

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks guys, these informations are gold dust!!! i'll let you guys know when i get it tuned! It's all about the torque for my TDI!!!

morage_key_ring

Passed Driver's Ed
hi guys,

I just had my car remapped by REVO! cost me £500, but i got about 180 - 185bhp out of it, and the torque now is about 300 lb ft. it feels like a comeplete new car now! the car now still pulls hard at 4000 rev, where as before it was not too responisve after 3000, a lot faster, i'm loving it. Advice all TDI drivers to look into it. extra 40bhp and all that extra torque is well worth it!!!