GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MkV 3 Door Gti Rear Lights - HOLDING ALOT OF WATER!

V-VWMK-5

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
3-Door MkV Golf GTI
hey peeps...

just thought i'd share whats happened to my gti down here in australia! recently we've had some hardcore storms and overall shit weather as it does here in melbourne.

but over the past 2/3 weeks my rear light has been collecting water like no tomorrow! when the hot sun hits it, it fogs up with condensation as seen in the pic and the water level does drop, but only by 1mm or so?

these pics were taken today, the car is going to vw tomorrow morning to get the rear lights replaced under warranty as well as the drivers electric window switches that are peeling!

in this second photo on the far left where you see my finger, it indicates the water level in the red section! almost a quarter of the light is submerged in water! i'm surprised the light still works! haha but i'm still not happy that is has happened on a car thats just over 2 years old! :(

Mms

MmS
Car(s)
Golf R32
yeah i had this one
if u want to fix it .
you have to remove the tail light and put some glue on the border this is what i did .

V-VWMK-5

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
3-Door MkV Golf GTI
just came back from the dealer now...car has been dropped off and will be ready for pickup tomorrow morning! :D

yeah i had this one
if u want to fix it .
you have to remove the tail light and put some glue on the border this is what i did .

yer, i considered fixing it myself, but being under warranty, i'll let v-dub fix it! i'm pretty sure they're replacing the whole rear light...it had to go in anyway, i'm getting the switches replaced...i just hope it doesn't happen again! the 3 year warranty finishes in may! :S