GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV 2.0t Camshaft Warranty Campaign or TSB

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Can anyone provide me with the link regarding the extended coverage on our 2.0t camshaft please?

I have been experiencing hard starts in the cold weather now and fuel cuts (limp mode) on the HWY recently at WOT.

My dealer just called and said they are replacing the camshaft and all related items to it under warranty. I have an '07 GTI with 62K on it.

Thanks!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I was going to say you don't need it since the dealer is replacing everything. And call VWoA - they will send you letters for each extended warranty that applies to your VIN.

dohc324ci

Ready to race!
Car(s)
03 Mercury Marauder
Wish I new about this before purchasing mine! 131k and out of extended warranty.

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
My dealership just called and found my car has the later "B" camshaft. They are stumped as to the problem now.

These are the faults they found:p000A "A" CAMSHAFT POSITION SLOW RESPONSE (BANK
1) Intermittent AND P0087 FUEL RAIL/SYSTEM PRESSURE-TOO LOW INTERMITTENT.

The P0087 has appeared as a DTC several times before and they were unable to duplicate it!

Any suggestions???

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
They don't know what's wrong? Tell them to call the VWOA technical people.

I told the service writer when I worked at an Audi dealer that is what our techs did right away. Unfortunately I have been of the business of service since 2000 so I no longer have my access to my contacts.