GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

scasey

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI
The little shifter is ridiculous and looks bad, and why would you put capacitive buttons on a remote? Anyway, the rest is fine, it looks great, the digital cluster as always is nice in the VW / Audi stuff.

Parabola

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI, 22 Tiguan
New VW logo looks nice. Can’t say the same about front end...I’m sure there will be some aftermarket options to fix the ugly face.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I like it. Turn off the fogs and it will look good. Red doesn't seem right though. The GTE and GTD work better to my eyes.

jrdigioia

Passed Driver's Ed
Overall I like. I hate the wheels and lack of HVAC buttons though.
one thing struck me as odd.. he talks about the rear doors now having hard plastic to say money.. the rear doors have hard plastic on the current gen

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
That generic-looking engine cover looks like they cut cost by 75%... goes nicely with the prop rod in place of a strut.

Clearly the bean counters have ravaged the poor GTI.. will be interesting to see what else has been cheapened.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Looks like it comes with a proper steering wheel again now. Seats are interesting.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Can’t say it makes me want to rush out and buy one but then I don’t like red on the current GTI, the GTD looks the nicest of the 3 here to me with the darker colour and larger wheels, can’t wait to see the R as that is the model I’d buy this time around as I want AWD on my next car! Seats are nice but overall I think there are better looking options out there from other manufacturers at the moment! The M135i and A35 AMG along with the new S3 and CUPRA R are all better propositions in my opinion and I’m a long time GTI fan, seeing it in person will make my mind up for sure!

Blindeye_03

Go Kart Newbie
Overall I like. I hate the wheels and lack of HVAC buttons though.
one thing struck me as odd.. he talks about the rear doors now having hard plastic to say money.. the rear doors have hard plastic on the current gen
I hated that on my civic SI (2018) - the infotainment would take so long to boot up that the car would be blowing hot or cold air right away and you had no way to stop it (if you forgot to turn it off before shutting the car off). Im sure in time they will fix these issues but until then its a hard no for me for any car with this system.

There isnt much I like about this new model but a whole lot that I dont like. It doesnt matter either way since I like my 7.5 and just got it anyways lol.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Are they seriously replacing the Swastika wheels with SS Wheels?

WTF that really ain't an improvement.

I hope they don't actually call them Schutzstaffel

codypka

Go Kart Champion
First thoughts

Like:
Steering wheel
seats
digital dials
exhaust tips are still real unlike many cars

Dislike:
DSG shifter