GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7GTI Alternator/Powersteering/AC issues...

Minitech

Car(s)
18 Mk7.5 GTI DSG SE
Hey guys i have 2015 mk7 GTI with late build date of 5/15. I took my car into the dealer yesterday because the powersteering and A/C both quite working. I was thinking battery but the dealer is telling me the alternator will not charge over 13.1volts so they have created a tech support case on my care. Also the ac is low of freon so they are dye testing for leaks.... I am curious if any one else out there has had their alternator replaced ? A/C also quite hotter the right side of the dash but that may be from the lack of freon or a bad blender motor in the heater/ac box.

Markio

Ready to race!
Hey guys i have 2015 mk7 GTI with late build date of 5/15. I took my car into the dealer yesterday because the powersteering and A/C both quite working. I was thinking battery but the dealer is telling me the alternator will not charge over 13.1volts so they have created a tech support case on my care. Also the ac is low of freon so they are dye testing for leaks.... I am curious if any one else out there has had their alternator replaced ? A/C also quite hotter the right side of the dash but that may be from the lack of freon or a bad blender motor in the heater/ac box.

Hey I’m having your same issues and my car is the same year.

What happens to your power steering ? Does it get really tight ? My alternator only charges to 13.03 as well. What has your dealer done to fix the issues ?

Here is a link to my thread:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44430

VWGTI

Ready to race!
I never had the powersteering or A/C give me any problems, however, I did have a problem with the alternator. VW replaced it under warranty as the car only had 8xxx miles at the time. Barely charged it up enough to start the car each time

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Same issue here OP. My mechanic was guessing alternator as well. Going to have it scanned tomorrow then go from there. I have a 2016 with 10k Miles

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
These are the codes that came up this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minitech

Car(s)
18 Mk7.5 GTI DSG SE
Hello all, an update to my issue with the power steering, took car to the dealer and after testing the alternator and battery and working the vw dealer tech support testing several modules, they ended up replacing my steering rack assembly and its control module that i built into the rack with new assembly under warranty. Its still early but i have had the car 1 week with no issues so far (knock on wood). The ac just needed leak test and freon added to system.

Minitech

Car(s)
18 Mk7.5 GTI DSG SE
Well bad news.... i spoke too soon, looks like my issue has returned yet again, car is at the dealer they are still trying to figure it out, i asked them to please re-check the alternator and battery. I will update once i know more.