GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
How much are ya'll fiddling with VCDS when doing a DSG service? My guy drained and filled with all 5L, let the excess drain out and sent me on my way.... Could it be overfilled/ underfilled?
I assumed you’d have to reset the dsg via that one adaptation?

if it is overfilled, you’d probably only be over by a few tablespoons maybe? I think it might be fine

my advice comes from a huge lack of knowledge on the subject. Mind u. I’d wait till some more knowledgeable cats kick in their 2 cents.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
I assumed you’d have to reset the dsg via that one adaptation?

if it is overfilled, you’d probably only be over by a few tablespoons maybe? I think it might be fine

my advice comes from a huge lack of knowledge on the subject. Mind u. I’d wait till some more knowledgeable cats kick in their 2 cents.
I didnt do an adaptation, I only did that when I changed tunes and even then I'm not sure it was necessary. As far as the adaptation goes, if it aint broke don't fix it.

I think you might be right on the level though... If anything it would be by a few ounces.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I didnt do an adaptation, I only did that when I changed tunes and even then I'm not sure it was necessary. As far as the adaptation goes, if it aint broke don't fix it.

I think you might be right on the level though... If anything it would be by a few ounces.
Gotcha. I always assumed the adaptation for the dsg was a necessary step after dsg fluid service.

would it matter, the tranny being overfilled a tiny bit?

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Is there a topic with all known and tested VCDS/OBDeleven tweaks and activations?
I would love to contribute (or start a new topic if doesn't exist already).

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
There's no need to run an adaptation after a DSG service. It may shift a bit differently for the first 100-200 miles. Let it adapt itself. If you still don't like how it is shifting, run the adaptation.

lingwraith

Car(s)
Golf mk7 2015 1.6TDI
I ordered a rain/light retrofit kit and it came with a cable to connect the HLS pin 2 to the BCM. The guy only sent a regular looking cable and 2 thin pins and 1 fat/long(?) pin, which ones should I install on the cable?

Attachments

• IMG_9007.JPG
    IMG_9007.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 58

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Anyone else not like the GTI font? I've been thinking about debranding.