GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk7 GTI track video from The Smoking Tire

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I think I'm pretty much committed to going with an MKVII. I'm doing what I call "the two year plan" because it worked out really well with my MKV.

Wait it out a couple years, watch their forum for major issues (something comparable to our cam follower, etc.) and pick up a certified 2015 in 2017. Prices are lower, I won't be taking the hit for depreciation, and there's a good chance of picking up a low mile, very clean lease turn-in or something.

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
Pretty sure traction control doesn't turn all the way off anymore.

Pretty sure it doesn't even do it on ours. There is still part of the system that stays on. You can disable it fully in VagCom but it will be off 24/7 and you'll have absurd torque steer.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Pretty sure it doesn't even do it on ours. There is still part of the system that stays on. You can disable it fully in VagCom but it will be off 24/7 and you'll have absurd torque steer.

Do you own a MK5? Traction and stability can be fully disengaged on the MK5 by the ESP button, not VCDS. Torque steer is so minimal compared to other makes with fwd and good HP.

The MK7's stability issue is that it doesn't fully disengage and will control your power under high G's. A good suspension redo may help fool the sensors though and allow it to remain fully powered.

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
Do you own a MK5? Traction and stability can be fully disengaged on the MK5 by the ESP button, not VCDS. Torque steer is so minimal compared to other makes with fwd and good HP.

Yea, you're right, nevermind. I was thinking of the mk6.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk