GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Compared to RS5

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
17 Golf R 6MT
So I was doing some research and stumbled upon unitronic's stage 2 software for the mark 7 GTI.

337hp is insanely impressive for a downpipe and ecu flash.

I was also inspired to compare this to some audis of similar caliber. It slightly beats the s4 and s4 in hp and torque, but has 600-800 less pounds of fat compared to the two.
So then I checked out the rs5 and the 450hp was intimidating, but the power to weight ratio is a touch lower [emoji50] than a stage 2 mk7.
Mind boggling.
Power to Weight 2015 GTI: 0.1123333333
Power to Weight 2015 RS5: 0.1112484549

Now I know from a dig the audi would tear up the GTI, but from a roll, with the awd power loss, it could be exciting...

Also, GTI would be $27,000+$1,500 for software and downpipe; where the RS5 is $75,000.

TL;DR
I was bored and think a Mk7 GTI could maybe compete with an RS5.

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Or buy a 1999 camaro z28 for 5k same power to weight same useless point

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
17 Golf R 6MT
Or buy a 1999 camaro z28 for 5k same power to weight same useless point

Not quite true... But thanks for the fantastic input.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Lets go on and compare two completely different cars then :laugh:

Yes on paper they make the same power even though one is modified. And because it is cheaper it is clearly better :laugh:

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
17 Golf R 6MT

Yes on paper they make the same power even though one is modified. And because it is cheaper it is clearly better :laugh:

I am absolutely comparing two completely different cars... And I never said it was better, I'm just saying its notable that it could be close.

Internet arguments are fun?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
Audi S5 is not even comparable to the GTI in terms of fit and finish and design... but you sure have me thinking about an MK7 with stage II now. All of a sudden my stage I MK6 feels like a Prius compared to those numbers.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
17 Golf R 6MT
Audi S5 is not even comparable to the GTI in terms of fit and finish and design... but you sure have me thinking about an MK7 with stage II now. All of a sudden my stage I MK6 feels like a Prius compared to those numbers.

That's how I felt! Someone started a thread with a ko4 mk6 dyno vs a stage 1 mk7 and they were surprisingly similar...

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86069

Last edited:

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion

Negative Nancy today? :laugh:

The mk7 is a neat car. Affordable and can hang with much more expensive cars with bolt on mods. Very attractive to me.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Negative Nancy today? :laugh:

The mk7 is a neat car. Affordable and can hang with much more expensive cars with bolt on mods. Very attractive to me.

He's not known as the Worst Forum Member for nothing. :laugh:

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
17 Golf R 6MT