GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 GTI Steering Wheel to Mk5 GTI

golf for life

Ready to race!
the 1K0953513G cruise control stalk works great with the new steering wheel module(its the 1K0953513A CC stalk that needs to be replaced)

from what I read in other forums this seller from Taiwan was raised in them too for being a good source for the CH module..(not from my personal experinace)
also he had sold many other new parts for VW and always received good feedback

Hi guys quick question about the cruise control stalk, the part number 1K0953513G which is from the mk6, has been used as far back as 2005 according to ETKA

or is it because its a new part that is fully backwards compatible with all golfs back to 2005, hope someone can answer as new steering wheel is on the way and i only had cruise retro fitted by vw 6 months ago and was hoping i didn't need a new stalk as well.

Also the CH control module is 150 quid from vw, 107 from eBay taiwan would you trust a purchase from there or just get it from VW.

Cheers guys

From a newbie

Pajko

Finally got mine installed yesterday.....also have the Climatronic from Mk6

Have issue with the left side switches....could not get them to switch radio station like on the Mark6 ! Only Volume works !

Just curious... How did you get the shape and form for the mk6 climacontrol?

aquickone

Hi,
Do the DSG paddles work with this wheel as well on the Mk5? The car has DSG, currently with no paddles so I was hoping to fit the wheel with the part numbers here if this is possible? I presume it is just a case of telling the controller in Vag-Com that it has paddles? Any help much appreciated. It also has cruise control, so I realise I have to buy the new cruise control stalk is this an easy fit as it is a straight swap?

golf for life

Ready to race!
Hi,
Do the DSG paddles work with this wheel as well on the Mk5? The car has DSG, currently with no paddles so I was hoping to fit the wheel with the part numbers here if this is possible? I presume it is just a case of telling the controller in Vag-Com that it has paddles? Any help much appreciated. It also has cruise control, so I realise I have to buy the new cruise control stalk is this an easy fit as it is a straight swap?

about the cruise control stalk, if you already have the old type stalk in your car than it is a straight swap..
about the DSG paddles, I am not talking from experiance about that but I see no reason why it would not work
by the way I did the swap from a non multi mk5 to mk5 multi with paddles in my car and I also had to change the coding in my auto-trans as well in order to make the DSG paddles work as should..

SI-R32

Sorry.. still cant figure it out. i know that jettas, mk6's and stuff have that kind of clima control.. but they dont have the common frame work as in the golf v.?

The new Jetta mate is not the same as the MK6 golf the jetta has only had a slight facelift the dash inside is excatly the same as the MK5 golf as it always has been the part number you want for the new climatronic dsah insert is

1k0 858 069 M 1QB

this is satin black which is what the 1QB is

hope this helps

Pajko

Is it possible that there is a Euro spec and a US spec? Because when i look at the web page by VW.denmark
http://www.volkswagen.dk/vw/personbiler/Jetta/ - if you scroll down and se the image it looks kinda different.. also when i googled it.
http://www.google.dk/imgres?imgurl=...ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:30&biw=1280&bih=624

Doesn't look like the picture that you posted.. i also haven't seen the car IRL so i cant proclaim that there is a difference.. But the part nr you gave me.. It is for the climacontrol.. Do you have part nr on the frame as well?

SI-R32

we still have the old jetta in uk...we get the new mk6 jetta soon....that is the part number for the frame that goes around the rns 510 and the climatronic unit

chad-one

2 Dope 2 Smoke
Car(s)
2007 VW Golf
Hey Guys, Just picked up a MK6 GTI Wheel with the air bag, it has no buttons...Do I need to pick up the slipring C revision (1K0 959 653) to make the horn work? Or will it work properly with just the switch? Thanks!

brycieboy

picked up this little beauty from a guy on another forum i use couldnt wait to get it fitted but once on my horn wont work
i have since replaced it with my old wheel and horn works fine and light goes off after a short drive
my slipring is version 1k0 959 653c

im no expert but looking at the airbag i think it maybe the wrong one for this wheel as i have nowhere to plug in the small black plug which i think works the horn
can this be rewired ?
any help would be appreciated

thanks

Bryce