GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 GTI Steering Wheel to Mk5 GTI

victim2009

Passed Driver's Ed
You need the steering coloumn controller to get the buttons to work, no controller= no buttons, period.
Also not all the buttons works, as the mk 5 has 4 buttons on each side, the Mk 6 has 6 on each side.
This im not sure of, but i believe that you need the latest canbus revision to get all the buttons to work.
Remember that to get the C/C function to work you need the mk 6 C/C stalk, trust me i know :fighting0030: :thumbsup:

Hi Jake, do you know any link to see the process of dismantle+install MK6 steering wheels?

so where to get MK6 C/C Stalk? and where to get the mk6 steering wheels? ebay? or others source?

your infor are much appreciate.

Cheers
:)

jakethemoss

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mercedes Sprinter
Hi Jake, do you know any link to see the process of dismantle+install MK6 steering wheels?

so where to get MK6 C/C Stalk? and where to get the mk6 steering wheels? ebay? or others source?

your infor are much appreciate.

Cheers

Fleebay is the place to find a mk 6 MFSW,
The mk 6 C/C stalk has partnumber 1K0 953 513 G
Steering coloumn controller is partnumber 1K0 953 549 CH.
The slipring needs to be the C revision 1K0 959 653

I don't have a DIY, but when you have the parts in your hand it's quite selfexplainatory. :thumbsup:
I believe there's one here on the vortex that can be used. :smile:

Last edited:

victim2009

Passed Driver's Ed
Fleebay is the place to find a mk 6 MFSW,
The slipring needs to be the C revision ( I can't remember the number, but if you VCDS your car you get the partnumber including your current revision, might be a revision C already)

I don't have a DIY, but when you have the parts in your hand it's quite selfexplainatory. :thumbsup:
I believe there's one here on the vortex that can be used. :smile:

Bro, many thanks for you info, by the way do you know where can i get the 'RED STICHING' MK6 Steering wheel?

Thank in advance

Cheers

jakethemoss

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mercedes Sprinter

Kaiser

Kaiser
Car(s)
Vw golf mk5 tdi
Golf mk6 gti steering wheel

Hi I am new here, I was wondering if someone could help me here.I have a golf mk5 1.9 tdi.I recently bought a golf mk6 gti steering wheel which came with airbag and loom included and I retrofitted it however I can't use the horn and the button don't light up nor they function.my car has got midline cluster and my old steering wheel was a normal 4 spoke one.I am not planning to change my cluster to highline but just want the button to light up atleast even if not all of them would work.i already ordered a steering control module of a golf mk5 with mfs but haven't received it yet. I am confused as I don't know if I bought the right wheel control as some say that I should buy the wheel control module of a golf mk6.and how about slip ring is that a must. I read some links in the forum but I can't find the answers I am looking for. Can anyone help me plz?thanks in advance

jakethemoss

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mercedes Sprinter
Hi I am new here, I was wondering if someone could help me here.I have a golf mk5 1.9 tdi.I recently bought a golf mk6 gti steering wheel which came with airbag and loom included and I retrofitted it however I can't use the horn and the button don't light up nor they function.my car has got midline cluster and my old steering wheel was a normal 4 spoke one.I am not planning to change my cluster to highline but just want the button to light up atleast even if not all of them would work.i already ordered a steering control module of a golf mk5 with mfs but haven't received it yet. I am confused as I don't know if I bought the right wheel control as some say that I should buy the wheel control module of a golf mk6.and how about slip ring is that a must. I read some links in the forum but I can't find the answers I am looking for. Can anyone help me plz?thanks in advance

You need the CH controller and not the BK or other for it to work in your car, slipring has to be C revision or newer, but C works.
All the info you need are already in this tread, read it carefully, then if you have specific questions feel free to ask :thumbsup:

Kaiser

Kaiser
Car(s)
Vw golf mk5 tdi
Thanks for quick response.can u plz tell me what a golf mk6 c/c stalk is?the wheel controller I ordered is 1K0 953 549 AJ (AL) coz someone in uk forum retrofitted their mk5 3 spoke wheel to a mk5 mfsw and I thought it's the same thing so u don't think it might work?And with my midline cluster do u think the buttons will work?Thanks

jakethemoss

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mercedes Sprinter
mk 5 sw has 2x4 buttons, mk 6 has 2x6 buttons, so i don't think you will get functionality with that controller, buttons will work on radio with CH controller, don't know with the rest as i have Highline, and would recommend you to get it to.
C/C stalf is the stick where the cruise control is fitted, if you have that the mk 5 c/c stalk won't work with the mk 6 controller box

Here's the golf mk 6 R MFSW fitted to mine:

Last edited:

tig170

You need the CH controller and not the BK or other for it to work in your car, slipring has to be C revision or newer, but C works.
All the info you need are already in this tread, read it carefully, then if you have specific questions feel free to ask :thumbsup:

We have a tiguan, having fitted the MK6 MFSW, installed a 1K0 953 549 CH, and used the exisitng 1K0 959 653 C slip ring, I can get all the MFSW buttons to work with the car (using code 0000734)...... however the module doesn't read the G85 steering angle sensor, fault code...

1 Fault Found:
00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent

... Arhhhhhh - I suspect I need 1K0 953 549 BK, as my original was a type II midline, and think I need a type II highline

Jon

Todorovic

Car(s)
Golf MKV
Hi guys i'm planning on putting the mk6 steering wheel in my golf and i ordered the CK module instead of the CH, because i read that it works as well. My question is will i need to change the CANBUS as well? Or will MF work with just the module?
Thanks,
Mike

jakethemoss

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mercedes Sprinter