GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Mk6 GTI Steering Wheel to Mk5 GTI

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Ride
2007 Golf V
Don't get all fired up at me for pointing out your "ability" to make threads very frustrating to read!

As for the horn not working, it has nothing to do with the control module, but rather the airbag wiring loom. The horn is simply an on-off push button, so as long as it's wired up to the control module with the correct loom it will work.

SI-R32

Don't get all fired up at me for pointing out your "ability" to make threads very frustrating to read!

As for the horn not working, it has nothing to do with the control module, but rather the airbag wiring loom. The horn is simply an on-off push button, so as long as it's wired up to the control module with the correct loom it will work.
There are only 2 air bag looms one with multi function button connector one with out (i could post a pic from ETKA if you want but will probably get moaned at for using pics again) and as both are not working with the old control modules in the mk5 perhaps you could actually add what you need to do to get the horn to work as apparently its quite easy....

once again you have nothing constructive to add

Last edited:

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Ride
2007 Golf V
In that case, I'd check the pin outs in the large yellow connector to see if they match. It could be they changed them from the Mk.V to the Mk.VI. I would check mine, but don't have the connector on hand right now.

Like I said, the horn is just a large push button integrated into the steering wheel airbag.

mikki

oke. maybe for u simple but for me important :

I bought an nice leather MK6 steering wheel without MF. Its for an MK5 also without MF

What do i need exactly to avoid airbag probs.
An c reverion slipring (nr ?)
Steering module mk6 without mf (nr ?)

Anyone please help.

chad-one

2 Dope 2 Smoke
Ride
2007 VW Golf
I need help, 07 rabbit and the air bag light won't go off. Dealership couldn't help. Anyone know vag com codes I need to change?

Here's dealership summary-

C revision clock spring, non multi function wheel

Went from a 2 stage bag to
A 1 stage with mk6 bag

chad-one

2 Dope 2 Smoke
Ride
2007 VW Golf
Hi guys, new here on the board. Doing a MK6 GTI steering wheel swap in a MK5 GTI and got problems with the airbag, since MK5 is dual stage airbag and MK6 is single stage airbag. What did you do to get the waring light away and the error code?

Thanks for your help.

Help??

Darez

Finally got mine installed yesterday.....also have the Climatronic from Mk6

Have issue with the left side switches....could not get them to switch radio station like on the Mark6 ! Only Volume works !
I would like to ask You somethink.

From which model did You take FRAME for RNS510 and Climatronic from MK6 ?

One more thing,

I want to change clock from half to full fis - is it possiable ? if Yes do I need anythink more ?

Last edited:

Stylist07

Banned
Ride
MKV R32 DBP #1238
I need help with my install as well, I read this whole thread and other threads too and I still have not fix my SW issues.

I drive a MK5 R32 with DSG and MFSW buttons and BK control module and single stock CC.

I changed the BK control module o the CH module With the MK6 SW, MFSWO Buttons as well as the Airbag too.

For some reason toning works on the SW : MF buttons, Horn, DSG paddles, and lots of codes and faults on the dash.

I also have NOT changed any thing on my VagCom coding yet either cuz I don't know what to change or activate on the VagCom coding????

Any help would be great!!!

Darez

Hello,

I have fitted Mk6 GTI MFSH to mine MK5 with RNS510, GTI but... I have only working:

- VOL+
- VOL-
- mute

on the left side

also

- back arrow

does not work on the right side...

I have installed:

1K0 907 530 AE
1K0 953 549 CH

codding:

Please could someone give an advice ?

Does it is gateway problem ? it really needs to be AF version ??? to get 10 buttons work ??

kosmad

Ride
Golf V GT
Hello all also i have made some changes to my MKV GT to the steering and to my climatronic, but i had also some isues that some buttons didn't play.
So after a search that i make i found and bought and instal this 2 items.
VW OEM MFSW MF STEERING WHEEL MODULE GOLF 6 GTI 1K0 953 549 CH and this one 1K0 959 653 C VW GOLF AUDI SEAT AIRBAG SLIP RING, i found them on ebay and bought them the steering works great and the horn and the buttons.

thanks a lot the only think that missing its the trim for my climatronic. and i could not found it any part number ???

Last edited:

SI-R32

It doesn't matter what can bus gateway you have.

Here are 2 things you need to know, this mainly applies to the rns-510....if you want to keep audio info and nav info in the red display then only 7 buttons will EVER work just like on the standard wheel.

If you don't mind loosing these 2 displays then enable BAP with vag com inside the 510 this will then allow a few more buttons to work.

i'm sorry to say this is the only way this is ever going to work, unless you own an MFD2 (as if) or some of the lower models of stereo.

the gatway does NOT affect the steering wheel buttons.

dlbogdan

Gentlemen, I need your wisdom!

I have a MK5 Golf 2.0 TDI DSG (2006) with Cruise Control. The wheel is the one with 4x2 buttons and no paddles.
I want what cbx750p has here : http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/cbx750p/GTI Stuffs/SteeringHVACMk6.jpg but with Gear Shift Paddles.
Some please tell me SLOWLY :lol: what I need to buy to make this happen (and function 100%), including the exact type of the steering wheel.
I want this steering wheel more than a lost man in the desert wants water, so help a *vw bro* out will ya?
:yikes:

LondonGT

Ready to race!
Hello all also i have made some changes to my MKV GT to the steering and to my climatronic, but i had also some isues that some buttons didn't play.
So after a search that i make i found and bought and instal this 2 items.
VW OEM MFSW MF STEERING WHEEL MODULE GOLF 6 GTI 1K0 953 549 CH and this one 1K0 959 653 C VW GOLF AUDI SEAT AIRBAG SLIP RING, i found them on ebay and bought them the steering works great and the horn and the buttons.

thanks a lot the only think that missing its the trim for my climatronic. and i could not found it any part number ???
Look on bold sport. They offer this as a retrofit inc all parts.