GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 GTI Steering Wheel to Mk5 GTI

vagdieselpower

I just want to clarify what id need to go from my 06 Jetta non MFSW to a 2010+ MFSW?
Wheel, airbag, airbag harness, and steering wheel control module? Do i need a different clock spring or anything with the cruise control?

Thanks in advance
Pat

KiwiS4

So we have a modified K04 ED30/ Pirelli Edition and have swapped a MK6 non mfsw into it complete with same airbag that was with the mk6 wheel from donor car.
Both cars are non mfsw.

Initially did not change any other hardware other than wheel and airbag and straight away paddle shift doesnt work and horn doesnt work.
Have since ordered and fitted
MK6 Cruise stalk
CH module
and the airbag harness wiring

Horn still not working and paddles not working
Cant see any fault codes in steering

The original coding above wont be accepted by the new CH module as it says 'out of range'

Last edited:

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
I think you may have made a mistake of simply copy&paste the original coding that you had in your original module.

I'd then leave the CH module installed, and try the stock MK5steering wheel (including cable and horn) to see if the horn sounds (to eliminate a faulty steering wheel ribbon / harness / horn button).

I'd use VCDS to do an output test of the horn with your car as it is NOW. If the horn sounds, then the CH module is good, and no coding needs to be done (but the suspect becomes the steering wheel ribbon/ harness/ dirty horn button contacts).

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
This install should work with any mk6 era mfsw? I'm looking at a mk6 Jetta mfsw and want to be sure before I pull the trigger..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
just got my new wheel and parts. the airbag center seems to be pushed out more than normal though, will this change after i install it?

Please post the part number for the steering wheel and airbag if possible.

Sbmrb

Car(s)
Mk5 Golf
Hi all. So I put the MK6 GTI steering wheel on my MK5 Golf. I changed the module from 1K0 953 549 B to 1K0 953 549 CH. once this is done everything works as expected (10/12 buttons, horn, cruise control, wipers etc)

BUT.......

the yellow wheel is on and I have no power steering. As soon as I put the old module in the power steering works and yellow light is gone. Just no buttons work.

any help on what to do from here?

also what version of VCDS is everyone using?