GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 for an MKV R32 worth it?

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
i kept going back and forth between swapping my 09 for an 08 R32, and frankly it's not worth the $$. you end up losing a lot no matter how you slice it, so really make sure you go into the financial details before you make any decisions.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
I've thought of this too, depends on if you can get the numbers to work and/or if the dealers are desperate enough. There's sort of a void for them in the market right now that you can play to your advantage. Who's going to walk into a VW dealer and ask for a car that is outperformed by a new GTI, 5 years older, almost 1/2 the mpg, and costs more? As a trade in you are giving them a car that will sit for 2 weeks vs a car that will be on the lot for 8 months.

My conclusion was that IF the dealer will work with you on it, it can work out. Don't rush into it though.

CandyMan11

Ready to race!
I was actually looking for an R32 when i got my Mk6 But in your case your better of keeping your car your just gonna loose money in this deal in the short and long run.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
You guys and all your money comments...lol. Go get a Prius if money is your priority.

The VR6 in a sportscar days are fleeting. The days to drive 4 cyl turbos are abundant. Simple. This shot may not come around again.

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
You guys and all your money comments...lol. Go get a Prius if money is your priority.

The VR6 in a sportscar days are fleeting. The days to drive 4 cyl turbos are abundant. Simple. This shot may not come around again.

the OP asked if the trade is worth it, so money is a big part of the equation. lol @ vr6 in a "sportcar" comment.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
the OP asked if the trade is worth it, so money is a big part of the equation. lol @ vr6 in a "sportcar" comment.

True, OP did mention the cost of said R32, but I didnt really hear alot of dollar analysis. Either way, cool.

What, you dont think of your GTI as a sportscar?

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
I was actually looking for an R32 when i got my Mk6 But in your case your better of keeping your car your just gonna loose money in this deal in the short and long run.

If I do get a R32 you're buying my k04 right? haha

eanico

U guys bring great points to the table! I am in no rush to make this deal but the dealer is not being too cooperative; they want 21,950-I went in with a suggested offer of 16k for trade in plus a difference of 4k cash out the door and was countered with 15.5k for trade plus $6750 for which i think he is including tax and fees. Note that the car has been sitting in the lot for quite some time thus i presented this deal for a quick move but their not budging, so i'll let them sit on it for a while.