GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk6 AC to mk5

denis-mk5

Ready to race!
Hi

does anybody know how to put, and what more needs (what more parts) to put golf mk6 AC to mk5 ?

to look like this

Thanks.

anile_eight

Go Kart Champion
I know the climatronic from the MK5 to a non climatronic MK5 is a long process with a tonne of wiring!!! The Mk6 I have no clue but I assume it would be worse!

There are a lof of threads and a couple people have done the MK5 to MK5 conversion. Search (google) for the climatronic swap and you should come up with things. It is a tonne of work.

GLIDN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2005 Golf GTI TR
if you have factory climate control in the MK5, you will need a specific MK6 control unit.

you will also need to swap and join 4 wires from memory. I have not embarked on this myself.

However I have done a lot of research on this specific.

I'll try and dig up the part number required.

From memory this is the part number required - 5K0907044BM

anile_eight

Go Kart Champion
In engineering we have a term....
PFM - Pure F*cking Magic lol

denis-mk5

Ready to race!
I know the climatronic from the MK5 to a non climatronic MK5 is a long process with a tonne of wiring!!! The Mk6 I have no clue but I assume it would be worse!

There are a lof of threads and a couple people have done the MK5 to MK5 conversion. Search (google) for the climatronic swap and you should come up with things. It is a tonne of work.

i had on my mind usual air conditionier, not a climate control.

change this controler:

to mk6 air conditionier controler, which you can see in first post

Last edited:

MoparShaha

Ready to race!
You can't just swap the panels. The vent selector on MKV's is manually controlled with a cable. As you turn the vent selector, you mechanically turn the selector behind the dash.

MKVI's use an electronic vent selector. There's no way to link up the MKVI vent selector to the MKV's HVAC system.

denis-mk5

Ready to race!
yes, it's jetta. but mk5 jetta. with mk6 steering wheels and as you can see mk6 AC. Panel is the same as golf mk5. So i think that it must fit some how... and i'm trying to find out ...

dddrew.

blah.
looks like a MK6 gauge cluster to me. either way, it is possible, but its a pain in the ass from what i heard. not really worth it since you'll have to invest even more money to get the climatic part of it to work (where the cabin temperature stays at the constant that you want it to).

edit: nvm i didn't notice this one doesn't have climatic. still probably has a lot of wiring though.

mattkosem

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'24 GTI
yes, it's jetta. but mk5 jetta. with mk6 steering wheels and as you can see mk6 AC. Panel is the same as golf mk5. So i think that it must fit some how... and i'm trying to find out ...

I think you're missing my point. There was a factory MKV Jetta that came with that steering wheel/cluster/hvac controls. Perhaps the parts can be sourced from that model?

--Matt