GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK5 Trunk not opening! Help! GTI

SUPJUNEZ

Hello, I have a 2007 VW GTI, recently the trunk stopped opening. The Fob Button won't work, I've changed the trunk actuator latch, the interior trunk switch won't open it either. I do noticed there's one fuse (F15 - 10a) (engine bay fuse box) that doesn't turn on, even after swapping it with a new one, I've checked the connector for the Actuator and noticed only one of the pin slots has current running through it, not sure if that's correct or if all 4 need to have current.

Running out of things to trouble shoot, any help would be appreciated! Don't wanna spend hundreds to have someone change an inexpensive part if I can do it myself.

Thank you!

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
SB15 fuse is for the coolant pump.

Did you do a scan yet?? Have you looked at the wiring inside the rubber boots of the hatch for damage?? The wiring breaks in side the boots and then takes out the various electronics inside the hatch.

SUPJUNEZ

SB15 fuse is for the coolant pump.

Did you do a scan yet?? Have you looked at the wiring inside the rubber boots of the hatch for damage?? The wiring breaks in side the boots and then takes out the various electronics inside the hatch.

Is there a specific fuse that's associated with the actual FOB/Hatch Handle/Interior trunk switch?

I haven't ran a scan yet, I had a buddy clear some codes that were causes cluster lights, and he told me I needed a new starter and battery and so I got new ones.

I did check the connector that goes directly to the latch, they seemed to be in tact no breaks.

It's odd that all 3 forms of opening the trunk are failing at the same time. (FOB button, Interior button and the Emblem handle)

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
A scan with Vcds would be nice and you could also look at the various switches and status with it.

Wiring diagram

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Did you do a scan?? Did you look at the wiring yet?? Take a look at the wiring that runs through the rubber boots of the hatch. They do break and cause electronics in the hatch to stop working etc.

SUPJUNEZ

Did you do a scan?? Did you look at the wiring yet?? Take a look at the wiring that runs through the rubber boots of the hatch. They do break and cause electronics in the hatch to stop working etc.

ohhh, that's one thing I haven't checked! Will do so tomorrow morning!

Had a mechanic check it for an hour and couldn't figure it out, had to run to work, they asked for the fuse box diagram, would you happen to have that? Can't find it.

SUPJUNEZ

So I check the wires pictures, and they're all good, what I was told this by the mechanic (The trunk release button works, the trunk actuator works, there's just no power going to the latch, we need the wire diagram to see where to check) Is there not a fuse that's specifically for the trunk that I should look at?

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
So I check the wires pictures, and they're all good, what I was told this by the mechanic (The trunk release button works, the trunk actuator works, there's just no power going to the latch, we need the wire diagram to see where to check) Is there not a fuse that's specifically for the trunk that I should look at?

WD was posted in post #4

SUPJUNEZ

update;

so they ran a ton of tests and figured at least one part of it.

The Rear Hatch Emblem Door Handle actuator was bad, (found an OEM one on ebay for $30 bucks, they wanted to charge me $400 for parts and labor at the auto shop)

Key Fob and door switch still not working. They said the fuses are good, the Trunk Actuator is good, not sure what it could be at this point.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Does the hatch open when using the Vw emblem Yes or No?? Has this car been scanned yet with Vcds or its equivalent to find any Dtc and to see the functions of the various hatch opening devices through the control modules?? The Key fob sends a signal to open hatch which then goes through the modules before reaching comfort module J393 that sends power to V139 the unlock motor. The switch at the door for hatch does basically the same through the door module to the comfort module. The VW emblem is a straight shot to the comfort module. See if there is any power coming out from the comfort module when any of the devices are used to unlock the hatch. Based on the WD that would be T8n/8.

SUPJUNEZ

Does the hatch open when using the Vw emblem Yes or No?? Has this car been scanned yet with Vcds or its equivalent to find any Dtc and to see the functions of the various hatch opening devices through the control modules?? The Key fob sends a signal to open hatch which then goes through the modules before reaching comfort module J393 that sends power to V139 the unlock motor. The switch at the door for hatch does basically the same through the door module to the comfort module. The VW emblem is a straight shot to the comfort module. See if there is any power coming out from the comfort module when any of the devices are used to unlock the hatch. Based on the WD that would be T8n/8.

The Emblem was not working, the shop I took it to, told me it was bad, and replacing it would open the hatch that way, but wouldn't fix the door button or fob button, so I replaced it and It works! It still doesn't open via the fob key or the door switch, but it will open when the car is unlocked and you pull the emblem. I ran a scan and the code 00950 comes up. ( 00950 - Central Locking Motor - tailgate (V53); UNLOCK. ) - He cleared the code in hopes it would work, but it didn't. What is needed to fix that code?