GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk5 sound system upgrade

Got2JumpN2Swim

Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
So I picked up a clean 2009 6 months ago, has 115k miles atm. It's completely stock other than a stage 1 tune by IE. As much as I'd love to lower it and get new wheels, I just don't think that's a great idea given the year and mileage BUT I absolutely hate the sound system, it's got to be one of the worst of all the cars I've owned which is saying a lot.

Does anyone have any reasonably priced recommendations for speakers/sub/amp/head unit? Forgive me if I could've found this elsewhere but I wasn't sure what to search.

MK5-Jetta

Car(s)
MK5 Jetta 2.5
I am currently remodeling an 06 model . And man let me tell you I’ve been working on this thing for 4 days and it’s NOTHING short of a headache. I almost wish I would have taken the speakers and got them professionally installed . The tweeters don’t have an exact replica fitting their size because they’re slightly bigger than 1 inch, so you’d have modify each tweeter to specifically fit in their position . Then I also read there is a stock crossover which messes up with the sound. One more thing, the front tweeters and midrange OEM speakers have 3 wires (ground, + and -) the replacement will only have two connections a (+ and -), so I can’t get any sound to the front speakers as of now . Currently also looking for a solution for the wiring to work and there isn’t much online about these over complicated cars