GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk5 gti turbo muffler delete

Mr Moyleh

Car(s)
mk5 gti
I've done a bit of research and ordered a turbo muffler delete kit from rkx. But can't find any how to's for the mk5. Looking at mk6's it seems simple but I want to make sure I've got all the tools and know how before I get into it. Can anyone show me the right direction or existing thread? Thanks

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
It's not difficult once you get in there.

Remove the three small bolts that hold the oem "outlet/muffler/adapter" onto the turbo.
Disconnect the turbo outlet pipe from the intercooler hose.
Remove the two small bolts holding the outlet pipe to the engine and remove it all.

Remove the oem adapter and hose from the outlet pipe.
Install the new turbo outlet adapter using the three small bolts...making sure its large o-ring is in place.
Reinstall the outlet pipe using its two small bolts while also connecting the new hose to the outlet adapter. Clamp does not need to be tightened yet...but can when you see all is connecting well.
Connect the intercooler hose to the outlet pipe and tighten everything if not done yet. If you do not have proper clamps in your kit...be sure to get high torque clamps.

Here's one vid I found...he doesn't show very much, but some of it may help you. FFWD to about 0:50.

Briggs253

I've done a bit of research and ordered a turbo muffler delete kit from rkx. But can't find any how to's for the mk5. Looking at mk6's it seems simple but I want to make sure I've got all the tools and know how before I get into it. Can anyone show me the right direction or existing thread? Thanks
ROH ECHT pretty much sums up the job nicely. One thing I would add is to be ready to cut through a non-removable hose clamp that holds the rubber coupler to the factory turbo muffler. You'll want an angle grinder or hacksaw at the ready.