GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK5 GTI on the Cheap

vwengineer

Ready to race!
Ohhh yes indeed. But I don't understand how it happened, these bushing should resist horizontal forces but they are not designed to support vertical forces anyway, no? Could it be that the position of the dog bone isn't right?

doc280

Ready to race!
Perhaps the bushing being moved out of db. Was this "on the cheap" replacement by chance?? Appears to be a Made in China
Yes, you are correct, this part was a cheap part, that came with a engine mount kit, which I need to enter an entry about. The part is Chinese made and I just received a Czechoslovakian part to replace it.

Attachments

doc280

Ready to race!
Ohhh yes indeed. But I don't understand how it happened, these bushing should resist horizontal forces but they are not designed to support vertical forces anyway, no? Could it be that the position of the dog bone isn't right?
Only one way to really install this mount. I won't pretend to know how all the forces react with this mount, but the aluminum member has come loose from the bushing and is in contact with the transmission. ( Yes, a lot a clunking sounds ) When I first saw this I thought the bolt was loose, but it is tight.