GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK5 end of production 10/27/08

hughsey82

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI 4dr
So i know this is my first post and all. Been here about a year but never really found anything worth posting.

Anyway, just thought id let you guys know ive recieved a official military quote for a 2009 mk5 gti. In the .pdf it says mk5 golf/rabbit/gti EOP (end of production) is slated for the week of Oct. 27th 2008. I hope the MK6 arrives soon N.A. as i was looking to move up from my 07 rabbit 2dr.

Im sure ill get a few ppl chime in with BS. But it does make sense considering the paris motor show. OFF topic, WTF was VW thinking with the mk6 tailights. huge and ugly?

BTW, great community guys!

btownvw

Ready to race!
R.I.P. MKV

:bow:

utekineir

Banned
There was something like that on vortex too from a dealer.

If the na models are produced in germany it makes sense for the production to end when the lines are converted over to start producing mkvi's in europe.

hughsey82

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI 4dr
SpoonGTI - can't attach files because the pdf contains mine and dealers info, but here are same two lines from 2 diffrent quotes.

Revolution from two models. 08-09 MY

*MDL 2008 GTI S 2dr 2.0T Automatic DSG 23,805.00 22,933.00
!! Restriction Warning:
REV. EOP 12/19/07. Replaced by 1K19W3.

End of Production. 09 MY

*MDL 2009 GTI PZEV 4dr 2.0T Automatic DSG 24,690.00 23,780.00
!! Restriction Warning:
EOP--WEEK OF 10/27/08.

Last edited:

ygohome

Ready to race!
I'm a little confused... I ordered an 09 GTI that is said to arrive here in the states around the 1st or 2nd week of Nov. But in Oct they are not making anymore 09's? Seems like the only just started building the TSI motor in the GTI recently... why stop so soon? And ddoes this mean I'm getting one of the very last MKV GTIs? Will VW dealerships in America have enough 09 inventory on their lots to last till labor day 2009?

Thanks,

Ben

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
EOP maybe for europe but the 09MY is still the MK5 in N/A they MAY make a MY09.5 as VW likes to do

hughsey82

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI 4dr
2009 MY - germany
2010 MY - U.S.

Cant believe they did that with the TSI also..... I think the dealerships will sell out of MK5's quick. Ill be waiting on the mk6 to get a new gti. I think you got the last MK5 Ben. Nice Jeep.

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door

ottwabbit

Ready to race!
They have to continue making MKVs for the countries that will be getting MK6s only in a year from now, don't they? They just can't stop producing MKVs and have NO VW hatchbacks sold for a year! I hope not...

However interesting discussion on this topic on golfmk6.com. A guy "jamie@vwvortex.com" has strong ties to the VWA says to get your MKV in the next few months if you want to have one!

Could this be true? Can they stop production of VW GTIs/Rabbits for a whole year for the N.A. until MK6 arrives?

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445&page=2

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
I'm a little confused... I ordered an 09 GTI that is said to arrive here in the states around the 1st or 2nd week of Nov. But in Oct they are not making anymore 09's? NoSeems like the only just started building the TSI motor in the GTI recently... why stop so soon? This motor will continue in many different cars And ddoes this mean I'm getting one of the very last MKV GTIs? Yes Will VW dealerships in America have enough 09 inventory on their lots to last till labor day 2009? Doubtful, especially if they keep offering 0%

Thanks,

Ben

There may very well be a shortage of cars until fall '09, and there are rumours the Rabbit/Golf will not even come to the US, only the GTI