GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk5 apr stage 3 vs mk7 stage 2

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Damn, thats impressive for a stock turbo.

ripped

Go Kart Champion
Yes

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Still curious if there is an OEM upgrade for the mk7s IHI turbo.
Meaning, how our gtis came with a k03, but you can upgrade to a k04, which is still OEM. I guess what I mean is the mk7 R's turbo larger, and a direct swap for the mk7 gti?

k04 and stuff.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Still curious if there is an OEM upgrade for the mk7s IHI turbo.
Meaning, how our gtis came with a k03, but you can upgrade to a k04, which is still OEM. I guess what I mean is the mk7 R's turbo larger, and a direct swap for the mk7 gti?

k04 and stuff.

We might start seeing this around soon, well, more like in the golfmkVII forums, a tuner here posted that they were doing that upgrade to a GTI, so i guess is possible just like in our MKV`s

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Unitronic already uses the Golf R turbo for an upgrade kit. BMS also said it is a direct bolt on that you can get for about $1,300. You will need tuning obviously but it is a 400HP capable turbo which is going to make some INSANE MK7's soon

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Actually the guy who did the R conversion sells unitronic along with another "custom tune" brand.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
The MK7 is a beast when tuned, intake, and DP or TB. Throw on some slicks...and...

A stock turbo MK7 with:
Intake
Exhaust
Forge Twintercooler....did 12.60 @ 111mph
https://vimeo.com/122788856

...another with:
Injen CAI
Custom 3in Downpipe
APR Stage 2 Tune
did 13.0 @ 112.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fPS_zjf6zg

...and Unitronic posted this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KB6A_rwjKs

Its potential is far greater than what we were offered, but it is nearing ten years later. Think of comparing the performance of our MK5 vs the MK4 of 9 years earlier.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
I think that's where everyone loses sight^

Our cars technology/platform is almost 10 years old. Honestly pretty damn crazy to even think about. We should all be disappointed if the MK7 wasnt a much better performing car. They've had plenty of time to enhance it.

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Yes the new mk7 is fast but. Does the apr tune suck that bad that a gtx28 looses against a small frame k03/4. That mk7 pulled up top

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
The gains and lower overall weight make for potent low cost power gains on MK7 but a properly dialed in GTX28 should be killing the MK7. They can produce 440 to the wheels with 100octane tune etc.

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
The gains and lower overall weight make for potent low cost power gains on MK7 but a properly dialed in GTX28 should be killing the MK7. They can produce 440 to the wheels with 100octane tune etc.

That's what I'm thinking a good running gtx should walk a bolt on tuned mk7