GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk5 apr stage 3 vs mk7 stage 2

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Only way to beat the MK's of the future is a solid internal build and a larger turbo...so, likely good that I am building it now ;)

Epic_Sandwich

I Drive a Sedan
I think that's where everyone loses sight^

Our cars technology/platform is almost 10 years old. Honestly pretty damn crazy to even think about. We should all be disappointed if the MK7 wasnt a much better performing car. They've had plenty of time to enhance it.

My thoughts exactly. A decade of R&D by the largest auto group in the world should produce results like this.

I toyed with the idea of trading in for an MK7...but I thought it out like this...new MK7's are $30-$33k, my MKV is nearly paid off. So I can fork over $450+ per month for another 6 years or pay off my MKV in less than year and build the motor and go big turbo for much less than the overall cost of a stock MK7.

Sure the MKV is older but I personally don't think it looks aged. My GLI is in great shape and I plan to keep it for a while.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Just throw another $5k into the MK5 and save your bucks.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Those are bogus runs. The MK7 guy doesn't stage at all, just drives up, already pulling and hits the horn 3 times and floors it. If those rolls were staged properly I think we would have seen a much different outcome. No doubt the MK7 with very little work done is a surprisingly fast car!

People keep acting surprised when they see this stuff, fact is cars only get better (for all intensive purposes, just go with me here). Look at the difference between a MK3 and MKV GTI! In just 2 generations the car got really transformed. That's why this is a game you never win at, it will always be "almost finished" till the day you sell it/or die.

End rant cool video!!!!

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Those are bogus runs. The MK7 guy doesn't stage at all, just drives up, already pulling and hits the horn 3 times and floors it. If those rolls were staged properly I think we would have seen a much different outcome.
Yes, this was exactly my thought when I watched the video. They definitely did a very poor job of lining up and starting evenly.....and this surely affects the outcome. IMO, not really a 'fair' or 'fairly executed' race. I'd like to see how it would turn out if it were.