GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Misfire in cylinder 1

Nd272

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys,

Had my mkv gti in for some work in my local vw lately, car had the following items done:

New Manifold- including motor & adjuster, new injector seals etc.

Thermostat replaced

Cam follower replaced as precaution (no signs of wear on cam)

Full service incl. all filters and spark plugs

Car ran fine on journey home from dealers, next morning we set off for an 2 night break away and around 100km into the journey i stopped in to get some food, noticed the car idling rough.

It made it to the hotel ok still idling rough, rang dealer straight away and they said to bring it back in which i done 2 days later, they found cylinder 1 misfire showing on system, tech said it was coming and going. During the journey up and back from the holiday there was no CEL that came on, but the rough idle made me worried as this car has not done this before, even with all of the problems it had to be fixed in the first place.

They then changed the coils for the red R8 ones which i purchased to see if it would shift it, but it didnt. Head tech believes the injector has become faulty, so we ordered the part, and the dealership said they would cover half the labour if i covered the other half.

So ive to be in there in the morning to have this done, im guessing if it doesnt fix it, the other thing to think of is carbon buildup, they did mention there was buildup there when they replaces mani, but states on the doc that they cleared carbon buildup in ports when changing it.

When i started the car the morning i left the hotel the car idled poorly but i could also get a smell of petrol in the cabin, once car warmed up it drove well, only when stopping did it idle poorly and i got judders in the cabin when idle.

They also ran a compression test and said that they are happy with the results from that, so hence we had eliminated spark plugs, coils and compression being the issue.

This code showing for the misfire was not pre-existing when i first brought the car in, it only came up when they re-checked it after all the work done.

Ive sunk 2 grand getting the work done so far and its another 400 euros tomorrow, it ran perfect the first 100km, the mpg began to improve on the trip up, but i did notice on the drive back that the mpg was getting gradually worse.

Ive read the forum up and down and seems to be some common faults with injectors and carbon buildup, just looking for any more recent experiences with these symptoms. Seems odd to me that this hadnt manifested itself beforehand its only since the work was done.

Thanks