GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Milltek Quad Installed Review

Ecast31

Ready to race!
I Finally got my Milltek quad cat back installed. After much anticipation and research. I knew this was going to be the cat back for my car. The cat back is a non-resonated version paired to a 3" 42dd non-cat and non-resonated version dp. The design and build quality is one of a kind. The Clamps and welds are all professionally done with 3" quad stainless tips to add to the cake. Once installed i automatically noticed it was noticeably louder than stock cat back i had and it adds an aggressive rumble at idle. The you tube videos you see of the Milltek audio clips cannot justify the sound at all. Its aggressive rumble is quiet down low while at cruising speeds and once you open her up she screams in a muscled deep tone with minimal drone. The pedal feel is sharper and more torquey and but dyno definitely feels a difference. I'm not entirely sure of how much hp but it's there. The pick up on the freeway is 100% noticeable. I know there have been users reporting that the quad tips are not flowing equally this is partially true. At idle the tips flow equally while driving the the outer tips flow more due to exhaust gas moving freely and directed to least restricted direction. Overall the tips are easy to clean and makes it stand out really well. The rear bumper lower valance must be modified in order to install the milltek quad exhaust. I used the osir gloss carbon fiber valance in conjunction with the exhaust. Pairing the two makes the exhaust nice and snug with the valance. The price, quality, sound, and performance with millteks quad exhaust is superb! Would i recommend it? YES! though everyone is entitled to to their own opinion. This is one of the exhaust to keep in mind. Before i end this review i would like to say i do not affiliate with milltek or it company. I am mainly a consumer with satisfied results.

GaryD87

Ready to race!
Can't wait to see pics. Use high heat spray and and paint the inside of the exhaust. Running an apr dp on mine. Thinking of running a catless though. Do you experience drone?

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
Can't wait to see pics. Use high heat spray and and paint the inside of the exhaust. Running an apr dp on mine. Thinking of running a catless though. Do you experience drone?

He said "muscle deep tone with minimal drone" (hey that rhythms).

Ecast31

Ready to race!
I apologize in advance for the crappy cell pic. I will take some great shots when i'm able.

Attachments

• IMG_20120127_121834.jpg
    IMG_20120127_121834.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 1,016

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
Looks good

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Looks good. Good rite up. I do love the tone of mine even though for now it's just the cat back non res duel tips. Would love to stick to the miltek family for my dp but think I'm gona go eurojet as the cat is interchangeable for emission tests.
You say easy to clean.. Are you sure.?Mine are a pig. Black as you like after two weeks and it's hard to get off.(alot harder than stock tips)I have to polish the mine now and again just to look clean.

gh172

Ready to race!
Looks awesome , are your tail lights R32 tails?

Ecast31

Ready to race!
Cleaning the tips and the rest of the car is just mild maintenance and doesn't bother me at all. I wash the car every 2 weeks at the same time and inspect the oil lvl and other odds and ends. I'm a perfectionist so i like to go into detail and clean thoroughly as possible. To clean the tips i usually use a degreaser like dish washing soap and remove all the carbon and residue with a clean rag. Then i fully dry them. When their finally dry i polish them with Nevr-dull wadding polish w/ a micro fiber cloth towel. I wish i had r32 tails. do you know a source where i can get them legit for a cheap price?

gh172

Ready to race!

STR8SHOOTR

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI FSI
Definitely suspension first!

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Get in contact with darcness on here for some cheap r32 light. He just paints stock lights but to a pro finish for half the price. hundreds of guys on here use his tails.

Last edited: