GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Milltek chip + exhuast + sports cat = 268bhp

AlEkZ

Ready to race!
Kurupt-MK5 said:
i would like to hear an answer to this

I posted the same question in this thread http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370

and this is what I got

cmdrfire said:
DSG will take the power. Remember, it's been available on Audis for awhile now (in near-identical format as well with the A3 2.0T and the 3.2)

AND

peruski said:
I was very skeptical of the DSG as I am a manual fan...then I drove one.

I took a ride in a DSG equipped GLI back in November of last year...I am in love.
it is not humanly possible to shift that quick...and the performance numbers don't lie...DSG is the quickest way to get from A to B. I am sold. My 5 door will be DSG equipped.

the only nits I have to pick are these. I have heard that the DSG's are not designed to handle more than 300 ft-lbs of torque before they intervien and pull back throttle...however they were used in VW's trio of Turbocharged SEMA cars (all 500+ hp) . HPA also sells a single turbo kit for the DSG equipped Audi TT 3.2's that are far north of that TQ number....so that is still up for debate.

And the US software doesn't hold on to the revs as long as the European...something that I am sure tuners will address in short order.

so unless we plan on having more power than the SEMA cars we're ok. I too am pretty much sold on a 5 door with DSG :thumbup:

natonicGTI06

Go Kart Champion
Chip and exhuast

i was told by a sales person in greenwood indiana that you could get a chip and exhuast for the GTI MKV and it would add about 50 HP to the car does that sound right to you guys.

First time turbo owner :iono:

he also told me that you could order it through a VW dealer and it would be covered under your warrenty

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
natonicGTI06 said:
he also told me that you could order it through a VW dealer and it would be covered under your warrenty

That's a new one.

Brandon

Oval Newbie
Bouston said:
That's a new one.

If it's true it could also be good one because that would mean the "revised" engine spec could be released soon. 170kw+ (230bhp+) would make it even more potent in stock form. But then again, it might limit the improvements chips give. We're in for interesting times then I think.

marx92x

Autocross Newbie
MAlby7 said:
I just messaged Pete @ Stratmosphere and he confirmed that the Downpipe with Catalytic converter is $799US and the straight pipe section with muffler section is an additional $599US. So all together a turbo-back complete exhaust system is approximately $1400US.

Apparently "Stratmosphere" isn't just a clever name, it also refers to the price. That's not a cheap exhaust by any means.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
marx92x said:
Apparently "Stratmosphere" isn't just a clever name, it also refers to the price. That's not a cheap exhaust by any means.

:laugh: