GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Milltek chip + exhuast + sports cat = 268bhp

2k5gti2.0t83

Passed Driver's Ed
though a cai will help car breathe better, it most likely wont make any difference in the gti's, if you check under the hood it already has and awsome intake system.

On the upside- a FULL Turboback(milltek's cost around 1,400)will give you the most gains with a chip upgrade.Most vw tuner companies are saying an exhaust upgrade is a must for most possible gains with the chip.

after this i can see 0-60 times in 5.5 easily.to be honest im not even looking for the 0-60 times.

best chips to go with right now would have to be APR or REVO.:thumbsup:

here is a diagram from milltek showing what is the turbo-back and what is the cat-back. obviously you wont be getting optimal performance if you settle for just the cat. Its all what your wallet can handle.

-ry

EK_Turbo

Ready to race!
0-60 may not be everything but gdamn 0-60 in lower-mid 5's is amazing and just shows you how much gains can come from these mods! Man I love the moddability of turbo cars.

FunkyD

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV GTI
MTM is also a good choice for the GTI. But it is more expensive than the milltek's.

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
I just messaged Pete @ Stratmosphere and he confirmed that the Downpipe with Catalytic converter is $799US and the straight pipe section with muffler section is an additional $599US. So all together a turbo-back complete exhaust system is approximately $1400US.

AlEkZ

Ready to race!
Would it be a good/bad idea to put this on a daily driver? and can the DSG transmission take the increase in power?:burnrubber:

Lellobeetle

Go Kart Newbie
z3speed4me said:
from what im reading...im seeing these cars dyno 190-200 hp stock at the wheels...

seems vw is bein very conservative with their numbers just like dodge was with the srt-4 to drop insurance costs among various other things

Also, perhaps they didn't want to make the mistake Mazda made (twice!) with the Miata when MX5 owners started dynoing their cars and finding lower number than expected. Not good.

I was figuring on approximately 170 at the wheels based on 200hp minus 15% single-axle powertrain loss. So, I'm quite pleased if it's true about an "underestimation" on the numbers by VW. However, this means the gains quoted by chip manufacturers aren't as impressive as once thought.

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
AlEkZ said:
Would it be a good/bad idea to put this on a daily driver? and can the DSG transmission take the increase in power?:burnrubber:
i would like to hear an answer to this

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Lellobeetle said:
So, I'm quite pleased if it's true about an "underestimation" on the numbers by VW. However, this means the gains quoted by chip manufacturers aren't as impressive as once thought.

Good point.