GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

might be going from gti to 19 gli 35thanniversary

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
S

Same here. He said the reason was because clutch kicking for so long, and getting in and out of low cars wore his knee out so he got a GLI and hos no complaints. He had a MK6 and a MK7 in the time I knew him and was actually on these forums for a while before he switched
yeah so i have an old injury in my left knee, havent had a manual in a while, went and test drove the manual 35th anniversary and it just aggrevated my knee, so its a no go, i really liked it too, pretty pissed at my knee lol

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
As for rear seat vents I believe they’re under the seats

All cars have seat vents under the front seats. But that's only for the heat. We're talking about rear seat vents in the middle of the car which is supposed to blow cold air out.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
No regrets after my last car was an MK6 2 door GTI K04 with every bolt on but meth.

After just a tune, it's honestly more fun to drive. DCC is awesome with VWR springs. The oem tires are garbage, so swap those before anything else. As for no rear vents, never had a complaint in the 2 times I've had rear passengers.

The supposed lack of quality isn't really there. The only thing you're missing is felt lined door pockets/glovebox and a hood strut. Friends with Golf R's love the interior compared to the cramped space of the golf platform. You get usable space inside the armrest, an actual place to put your phone while plugged in, infotainment screen above the vents and easier to see. I've also had people 6'3" in the rear seats with room to spare.

Test drive it and try everything out. You definitely won't be disappointed. And the GLI is definitely less "boxy" than the GTI.
20200530_123816.jpg

Elcheapo Loco

Ready to race!
All cars have seat vents under the front seats. But that's only for the heat. We're talking about rear seat vents in the middle of the car which is supposed to blow cold air out.
That's right. A 4door family sedan with no rear AC vents is a big turnoff. At least for me.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Butcher....you are correct Sir. That really is a nice looking car. I admit to not being a fan of grey (5 years in the Navy will do that to you) but sweet looking ride.

Mud

lowered?

Sanderzzz_

Ready to race!
Previously had a stage 2 mk6 and now a stage 2 mk7 GLI and I absolutely love it. Sure the seats are a little less quality as the GTI and the Beats audio is definitely not as good as the fender or dynaudio of previous GTI’s but I got a 2019 autobahn brand new for $26,6xx. The GTI isn’t touching that price and you can’t justify the extra cost for just seats and audio.

Attachments

• 447362EE-4C01-4EEE-A909-A3A3939EF7C9.jpeg
    447362EE-4C01-4EEE-A909-A3A3939EF7C9.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 85

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
That's right. A 4door family sedan with no rear AC vents is a big turnoff. At least for me.

Kind of odd, but having commuted in the front & rear seats of my friends 2019 GLI here in the Carolinas I can’t say I ever noticed.

I’ll take your word for it that the vents aren’t there, but it’s definitely not a deal breaker for me

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Kind of odd, but having commuted in the front & rear seats of my friends 2019 GLI here in the Carolinas I can’t say I ever noticed.

I’ll take your word for it that the vents aren’t there, but it’s definitely not a deal breaker for me
I have a kid in a car seat in the middle. Those vents are a necessity, even with ceramic window tint.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I have a kid in a car seat in the middle. Those vents are a necessity, even with ceramic window tint.

I have two car seats my gti and ceramic tint.

I’m not going to argue with you guys but I personally rode in the back of a 2019 GLI several times and never noticed a lack of AC or comfort. Just telling my experience.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I have two car seats my gti and ceramic tint.

I’m not going to argue with you guys but I personally rode in the back of a 2019 GLI several times and never noticed a lack of AC or comfort. Just telling my experience.
Hey, it's a personal preference thing. Want to talk about touch screens or HPS vs EPS? Maybe the pros and cons of a manual vs a DSG? I agree with you that in a moderate climate like yours (barring the humidity) indirect airflow is okay. But it's far from ideal in a warmer climate, especially if you're having to park outdoors to pick up your kid, and entering a hot car. If I still lived in SoCal, I'd probably care less, but it's a deal breaker for me presently. Like heated seats, just one of those things I've decided has to be in any car I buy.