GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MFD2 + Aftermarket back up camera?

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
I found a few threads on here about people running aftermarket back up camera's in their RNS-510 replica headunits, like the 7608 or W6050. Is anyone running on of those Ebay camera's that mount in place of the other license plate light with an MFD2? How does the cam connect to the MFD2? Does it need an adapter of some sort? I found a few links to a UK forum that supposedly had a thread on this, but they were all dead.

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
I was actually looking at that earlier today. So there's no way to connect a camera directly to the unit without using an extra interface in between?

bounty123

Passed Driver's Ed
I was actually looking at that, but I want the unit to automatically switch to the back up camera once reverse is selected. I found some info on mygti.com, but I found it inconclusive as far as fitting an automatically engaging camera to the MFD2.

I wasnt trying to be funny or clever as I was going to buy one of those before I swapped my factory nav for a weywell unit.I dont think you can auto switch it easily for back up cam,just stick it on Ebay and join the "gang":biggrin: factory nav 's a pile of shit anyway in MFD2 flavour.

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
The thing is, I don't have the unit yet :) I'm debating between the MFD2 (around 350EUR) or the RNS510 (around 450-500EUR + new CAN module at around 60-100EUR). I think I'm going to go with the RNS as it has alot more functions anyway.