GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mein Mädchen gibt dem bösen Blick

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
Ava's build @ Dreamwerks

I really couldn't wait any longer to post up some pics of the body project that's under way...

The final bits will include the front bumper being shaved, lowers painted, color match rear emblem and Osir lip. Forge FMIC and Oh yeah... the boser blick!

I wasn't a big fan of the ol' boser on a mkv until I saw a tasteful yet subtle hood only extension put on a TR that I still haven't been able to find a decent pic of other then on tmtuning's site. I didn't order the kit offered but the kind people @ Dreamwerks said that their custom work was going make that kit look foolish! Check out the B5.5 Passat a few pics into it's photo set to check out their previous boser work.

My camera died as on me for the first time ever so I resorted to the ol' iphone to get these so-so pics. The tape is only a rough guide for the angles but more or less conveys the expression. It's going to be minimal yet slightly aggressive. Left and right are slightly different and after discussion we are using a bit of each for the final furrow. Following the OEM curves and not deviating too much from them is the most important thing for me to accomplish the look I am hoping for in the end.

A little pic of before:

Last edited:

Angx

My FAST is DIRTYYYY
I would have to agree with the votex lip as well. Thinking about getting my hood done next spring.

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
I really like the votex lip, but it just seems a bit boring to me after seeing it on every CW around that's halfway built. If you missed this car's Osir lip, you may not be getting the full idea. Osir's site is kinda weak when it comes to showing off it's lip from different angles.

I also forgot to mention the fogs from Osir that will be paint to match. Once I had gotten the fogs I became a little iffy about them due to their large size preventing them from being able to flush up as nice as the oem, but for the cost it won't feel too bad to go back to an open oem fog look.

The badge less grille I bought from tmtuning showed up and the whole thing was gloss black. Red stripe was a bit dull, and not as vibrant of a red. The edges of the stripe showed a bit of casting marks and had a translucent edge to it where the plastic was a tad thinner. Obvious that the materials used were not as quality as oem, but the fit was spot on. I am going to keep the gloss black for now and match the lower grille & diffuser. Considering the front end of my car will be a bit flashy I decided to embrace the bling for now and give it a try. Lips and grilles are easy to change out at minimal cost! Here is a pic of the stock smile next to the badgeless grille from tmtuning:

Last edited:

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Car(s)
89, 97 Jetta, 07 GTI
I think you meant translucent. :) Opaque implies that no light passes through, or that it is sufficiently pigmented.

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
updates!

Never had this kind of body work done before... starting to feel pretty unreal to think this car in the pics is mine! The shop is about an 1 1/2 drive away so I really only saw it once on the day it was torn apart.

Here are some pics of the progress Dreamwerks sent me today:

I should have the car back by Friday this week. The weather isn't really to good out and I could see some delays occurring. Pretty much want to drive straight out the door to the stone guard appointment on Friday morning. Moved that appt a twice now, so I am not afraid to do it again! :thumbsup:

Last edited: