GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Meat's Brake DIY (w/ thanks to DanGSR)

AdvanSuper

Banned
Oh wow I did not see that. Sorry for the dumb question and thanks for the response Meat!

GasDoc

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Meat, great write up. I did my fronts yesterday. Toughest part was getting the caliper bolts loose. Passenger side 35 mins, driver's side 15 mins. Thanks!

Rears next week

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Not to bump this back up, but I heard from someone that that 14mm triple square bolt on the rear calipers was a stretch bolt similar to the axle bolts. Does this mean it needs replacement when you take it out? I was just curious since you swap out your pads and rotors for a track specific setup everytime you go.

I may be ordering Hawk HPS pads sooner than I know it. Now I just need to decide if I should order the $15 14mm triple square from GermanAutoparts or buy the kit you recommend for $25. I already have a 6,8,10,12 kit.

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
I'm pretty certain thats incorrect. Neither my ex's 05.5 Jetta or my buddies 06 GTI had stretch bolts in those locations. If you look on the original page, you can see in the background where Meat has arranged the bolts he removed, none of which are stretch bolts.

MACH GTI

Ready to race!
damn dan gsr, you've done a good amount. where exactly is the axle bolt located? i know its near or on the axle but where?

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
Yep, Dan beat me too it. It's not really too particular that you change the bolts.

As for torque specs, I don't worry about it. I just torque those bitches down pretty tight. I have a Bentley manual coming in the mail in a few days. I can post the specs for shits and giggles.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I know this is a repetitive question, but what's some good high temp fluid? I mainly just AutoX.